Options

Career Counselor Positions?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Anyone have any experience with these.

I was wondering if anyone had experience this type of service. My heart has been pulling me into this type of role for a long time. The pay is atrocious but helping people get to where they want to go is amazing.

Any links or thoughts about this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks gang!

Comments

• Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Maybe a life coach?
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is my bit like "retirement plan". In another 10-15 years I would like to retrain and finish my psychology degree (that I will have to restart now) and work helping teenagers and young adults get there lives sorted out.

Money is not every thing in a job, and for me is one of the most insignificant parts, as long as its enough to put a roof over my family and feed them. The satisfaction that comes with the job is the really important part, it means I go home every night in a good and mostly stress free mood. And not many jobs give more satisfaction then helping others in a direct and meaning full way.

go for it,
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    lilysimithlilysimith Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had wonderful experiences with many of my coworkers. The scheduling was fairly flexible. And the work itself wasn't particularly strenuous.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I already helped transition a life long sales man into a service desk supervisor. Provided full blown review and created his resume. First interview he nailed it. He's making 20 more a year and skipped over the service desk agent right into a supervisor role. Not exactly technical work, but it's start and he is a FTE in a large hosting company. That one felt really good. ***Really good!

Keep in mind it was his first IT job.