help regarding rhel6 and rhel7 for rhce

sjttam280892sjttam280892 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
i am new to the linux world and aspiring to go for rhce. i hv joined a training institute for the purpose. today i came to know that in the first week of august rhce will be having rhel7 in the exam. my training is having rhel6. so i request you to tell me whether the study for rhce in rhel6 will go in vain when rhel7 comes? do i hv to study again from the beginning for rhel7? i am completely new to the linux world. i need ur suggestion on this as soon as possible

Comments

• Muhammad AbaidMuhammad Abaid Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I were waiting for RHEL7 from last few month. There is lot of changes in RHEL 7 I would highly recommended go for RHCE v7
  • brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    I would not recommend going for RHEL 7. If you are studying RHEL 6, you will have to do further study for RHEL 7, since there are a LOT of differences. We just brought up a couple of RHEL 7 boxes, one server, one workstation. I think it would be wise to wait on RHEL 7.
  • gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would do RHCE on RHEL6 and then upgrade to RHCE on RHEL7 eventually. Actually that's what I'm working on now. And I'm sure it's valuable to have both knowledge and credentials on RHEL6 even though 7 is just released since there's a lot of RHEL/CentOS/OEL version 5 and 6 systems out there, actually we still have some RHEL4 systems in production.
    Plus you already enrolled in a training program and there's plenty of resources to prepare for RHCE on RHEL6, like Jang's and Tommasino's books and it will take a while to get those books updated to v7.
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm