Options

410 Fail part 3......

pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well lightning does strike twice, I scored 684 today which is exactly the same score I did two weeks ago ! icon_sad.gif

However I shall be expecting to have this test void and a free re-take as the PC was hanging in between questions then at the end when I went to review my answers it completely crashed and the staff had to contact Prometric, it did come back but I lost some time and confidence with the system so I quickly reviewed the questions then submitted the exam as I didn't want to risk losing the whole thing.

This exam was the hardest of the three attempts but I can't believe I managed to score exactly the same as before with two very different exams.

I think I need to do a lot more labbing but it's hard to know exactly what to do, I'm passing the measureup test exam with ease so I think I'm struggling with knowing some of the intricate details of some of the settings.

Frustrating and I don't know how I'll know when I'm ready for another attempt icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sorry to hear this. I'm struggling to decide if I want to go with the MCSA: Server 2012 route or just concentrate on PowerShell. Hope you pass the next time.
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 140
    You will have to go through the exam objectives and find your strengths and weaknesses on the topics.
    CBT Nuggets, TechNet, Study guides etc and in general lab and practice and I'm sure you will nail this exam.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
    2015 COLOR=#008000]X[/COLOR | 2016 COLOR=#ff8c00]In progress[/COLOR | 2017 | 2018
  • Options
    pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Trashman wrote: »
    You will have to go through the exam objectives and find your strengths and weaknesses on the topics.
    CBT Nuggets, TechNet, Study guides etc and in general lab and practice and I'm sure you will nail this exam.
    I'm thoroughly bored of the CBT nuggets vids now though and I feel I know most of the content in them now but I'll have to hit technet a bit more.

I've done a few of the MS virtual labs but I wish MS would have some labs specifically aimed at people studying for exams and they should do some upgrade and migration from server 2008 as well.

I've messaged prometric to get them to look at voiding my exam but I won't be surprised if they don't do it.

I think I need to be re-taking this exam in 3 weeks otherwise I think I will start to lose focus but the problem is that the pressure is building and I really wanted to be onto 412 exam by now !
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oh i'm sorry to hear that. I been studying myself for the last month. My first time ever taking this exam and I scored 445... very low from I read on the board. I was okay with the score since I don't have any cert since I started I.T I been so lucky but now my job is asking to to get mcsa cert.

I feel you about what material to study. I got the print out but that's really help me. Plus I don't know if I should stick with the same book or move onto other book. ... this is so frustrating not passing and having to pay full price for the exam.ugh...

What kind of material are you studying right now? I only watched the cbt nugget a couple times never really finished them all. That might be my issue but i'm more into doing the sample things. That's how I learn...
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    mcseguy wrote: »
    A few people I work with had the same issue - they did a few attempts and were caught in the 600-680 range and couldnt get past the hump. What they found really helped was focusing on technet rather than rehashing videos or books.

Do you have the right url for the technet site? The only reason why i'm asking is because some people have given me the wrong url or a different technet site.

I'm going to order this book today Mastering Windows Server 2012 R2 ....from what people comments they are saying this book is awesome to study for the exam. Give you a lot of info plus you could use it for 411/412.

what other material do you guys use?

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    YetAnotherITGuyYetAnotherITGuy Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    Oh i'm sorry to hear that. I been studying myself for the last month. My first time ever taking this exam and I scored 445... very low from I read on the board. I was okay with the score since I don't have any cert since I started I.T I been so lucky but now my job is asking to to get mcsa cert.

I feel you about what material to study. I got the print out but that's really help me. Plus I don't know if I should stick with the same book or move onto other book. ... this is so frustrating not passing and having to pay full price for the exam.ugh...

What kind of material are you studying right now? I only watched the cbt nugget a couple times never really finished them all. That might be my issue but i'm more into doing the sample things. That's how I learn...
    Visit borntolearn - They have a list of technet links on exam topics. That should over exam needs.

410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 - Server Certification Exam Prep Resources - Server Certification Study Group - Born to Learn

Personally I prefer the paper version - Mark Minasi's book. I find it very helpful for both exam and work needs. I use technet and MVP blogs when I need more information on topics covered in Minasi's book.

For 70-410, I'd carefully study standard topics like Hyper-V, GPT/MBR, Group policy application order - LSDOU, Group nesting - AGDLP, NTFS/Share ACL, DNS infra, ipv6 and new stuff from win 2012 like storage spaces, work folders and app locker etc. You should also focus on troubleshooting everything mentioned above and learn commandline methods.
  • Options
    Thank you guys for the great info. Today I received my book so I'm going to print out the outline of the 70-410 and study that material. One section at a time. Hopefully in the next 4 weeks I will be ready or earlier to take the exam once again.

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*