Options

Passed the MTA 98-349

Tom239Tom239 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif Although I'm pleased I passed. It seemed to be on a different league compared to the Windows 7 Configuring which I've failed Twice Now. I know it's supposed to be easier, but the jump between MTA exam and Windows 7 exams is huge!

Might do a few more MTA's and then give the windows 7 configuring another shot. icon_thumright.gif

Anyway at least I got something. lol.

Anyone know how long it takes to get the email saying you passed?

Comments

• Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Hey Tom239.

Congrats on the pass! I took and passed the 98-366 Networking exam last week and it took 1 day to get the email from MS saying I passed.

I am moving onto the CompTIA Network+ before doing the A+, then I'll go back to the Microsoft vendor and finish up the Windows 7 Exam.

Goodluck on your path forward! And congrats again!!

Justin
  • Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass ! The 70-680 has certainly made a name for itself. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, Thanks for the reply. Congrats on the Networking MTA pass! I received my email the same time, a day after. I plan on doing the 98-366 Networking MTA and Security Fundamentals 98-367 MTA next.

The CompTIA are good exams to get. I'm again looking at the A+, but not networking ;) Can I ask what study materials you would use? icon_study.gif

Yeah Windows 7 exam is the goal for me either 70-680 or 70-685. Just trying to build a bigger foundation first.

Thanks Davidicon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    kevinsmith5kevinsmith5 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tom239 wrote: »
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif Although I'm pleased I passed. It seemed to be on a different league compared to the Windows 7 Configuring which I've failed Twice Now. I know it's supposed to be easier, but the jump between MTA exam and Windows 7 exams is huge!

Might do a few more MTA's and then give the windows 7 configuring another shot. icon_thumright.gif

Anyway at least I got something. lol.

Anyone know how long it takes to get the email saying you passed?

What study resources did you use? Practice exams? Review guides?
  • Options
    Hey Kevin

I used the Wiley's MTA book and Measure up practice questions. Measure up practice questions are very similar and as long as you study the book, everything you need to pass is in there. Good luck and let us know if you pass icon_cheers.gif Taking the security MTA exam next week ;)icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    EzramartEzramart Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Took the Exam today.. I failed....
  • Options
    Hi Ezramart. I'm sorry that you've failed, but the good thing about Microsoft is you just have to retake :) What score did you get? And which preparation materials did you use?