Options

CCENT (100-101) in 3 months a possibility

Dunkers404Dunkers404 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've recently been looking into entry level certifications, and well this one seems very appealing (I'll pursue the CompTIA trio once I have enough to take all 3 exams close together.

Is it possible to study and pass the CCENT within the first 3 months (I'm prepared for some SERIOUS studyingicon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Three months is reasonable... I have this guy's book and access to his website, but it's for supplemental study only

in60days.com

Good luck
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    PupilPupil Member Posts: 168
    All depends on you buddy. Do you have prior networking knowledge/experience?
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think you could do it in three months (Maybe a little less, if you really pushed yourself), but how familiar are you with networking? It's a lot of theory, and even those who are in the field that know how to configure sometimes struggle with the theory and that's where you will either do well, or it'll be hard to take in. If you want it that bad, this is what I recommend:

1. A book (The Official Cert Guide is preferred, but there are others i.e. Simplified, Chris Bryant's book, etc.)
    2. Some vids (CBT Nuggets or Chris Bryant preferably)
    3. A notepad for notes
    4. Packet Tracer/GNS3 with labbing

You don't have to have the vids or the book, but if you supplement with more than one, I can guarantee it will help. You WILL need the sims and labbing however. This is just an essential part of Cisco exams. If you put in appropriate study time a week (8+ hours, depending on your schedule. I have a full time job and I still pull out a good 18-25 hrs per week for my NP studies. I don't have time to study at work, either). If you put the effort in, you'll get out of it what you put into it.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCENT is drastically easier than taking ICND2, I got mine done in about a month. The ICND2 portion took me well over 6 months of study to pass it. It depends greatly on the person. I had no experience when I began studying for the CCENT. The majority of CCENT is show commands if im not mistaken, unless that has changed since I took it. It honestly depends on how much time and effort you want to put into studying. I was in the navy at the time, I would do flash cards on my breaks at work, when I got home I would study between 4-5 hours before heading to bed (This includes labbing)
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nobody can say that you can do it in three months but it can certainly be done.

I think the hardest part is picking your study materials. There is so much out there that it wastes a lot of your time collecting the information.
    I suggest picking one book and reading it completely. This way you can quickly get exposed to the content.

Since I have started studying for CCENT / CCNA I realized video training has come a long way so I signed up for CBT Nuggets and I watched them before reading the book. Some people prefer to use them for review. It's all in how you like to study.

Good Luck
  • Options
    Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    Consistency is the key. I passed it on my first attempt after 2-3 months of study but I barely could find an hour or two each day.
    I'm certain I could have achieved it in a month had I studied full time for it. Compared to ICND2 its a lot easier as it just covers the switing and routing fundamentals and basic subnetting.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I did the entire CCNA in 3 months (640-802 back in 2008...) so certainly possible - it's all down to you :)