Options

CISSP Study Guide 6th- Sybex

TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
After reading a number of chapters from Shon Harris AIO, I've decided to move to Sybex. The precision and the focus on concepts in it attracts me and I can't keep myself from falling asleep, while I was at AIO. I've left Telco, Crypto and Software Development from AIO and I will be covering them from Sybex.

I need to know, if this book is enough to get me prepared for the exam, which is in 2 weeks. I plan to go through the 11th hour in the last 2 days. Any suggestions or comments?
OSCP: Loading . . .

Comments

• Options
    GeneCGeneC Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    After using all the books mentioned in this forum the Sybex book I found to be the best for me. A nice balance between Shon Harris and Eric Conrad.

Sybex plus 11th hour were /are the only books I am carrying from here till exam date next Friday.

Many sucessfull test takers gave sybex a great review.

Gene
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sybex CISSP was my primary study resource and I did fine. It's a great book. Way better than the AIO, in my opinion. AIO goes waaaay too much into detail and has those horrible jokes.

Coupling the Sybex CISSP with the 11th Hour was a good combo.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    dgtlcrackdgtlcrack Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did the same thing as you, I bought the AIO books and switched over to sybex. It's a much easier book to digest and displays the important exam essentials at the end of each chapter with a short summary. I like that.

I am using the AIO book as reference for my weak topics so it has it's use.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    While using the Sybex and 11th Hour, I used the AIO's summaries and end of chapter quizes/bullet points to complement my studies. The practice questions that come on the CD as well as the ones available on the McGraw Hill website were the ones I used the most.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna