Options

Endorsement for CISSP certification.

alokhazraalokhazra Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys, I am using this forum for a long time, but this is my first post in this forum.
I am working in information security area for the last 9 years. Within this time I only obtained PMP,CCNA,ITIL v3 foundation and CISA as those were necessary for my job and company paid for it. Now I am on my way to immigrate Australia and some friends suggested that having a CISSP will add value in my CV and I was also preparing for this exam for the last 8 months.
But the problem that I am facing now is that I don't know anyone who have CISSP and who can endorse me. I am from Nepal and I am also not certain that if anyone from Nepal have got this certificate before. So now I am in a bit of trouble. I have prepared well, very well for the exam, also I have 6 years experience in the two domains out of the 10 which is needed for the CISSP.
Can anyone suggest that is there any way to get endorsement for CISSP certification? I really don't want to end up with SCCP only because of endorsement issue.
Regards, Alok

Comments

• Options
    TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    [h=2]Endorsement Assistance[/h]If you do not know an (ISC)² certified professional in good standing, (ISC)² can act as an endorser for you. In this case, please download and submit the Applicant Endorsement Assistance Form for the credential you are pursuing.
    Your completed endorsement form and resume can be submitted via email, fax, or postal mail:
    Email: programs@isc2.org
    Fax: 727-786-2989
    Postal Mail:
    (ISC)² Programs
    Attn: Endorsements
    311 Park Place Blvd, Suite 400
    Clearwater, FL 33759 USA

Once the (ISC)² Endorsements staff receives your endorsement form and resume, you will receive a confirmation email at your primary email address on file within 48 hours. The endorsement process will then take about five to six (5-6) weeks to complete. Once completed, you will receive an email informing you that you have passed the endorsement process and will be certified.
    Please note: A percentage of the candidates who pass an (ISC)² examination and submit endorsements will be randomly subjected for audit and required to submit additional information, as required, for verification. You will be notified via email if your application is selected for audit.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • Options
    Thanks a lot!! icon_thumright.gif
    For endorsement process, I want to add one more query, in my first job in an ISP I was assigned for Cisco network designing, but my designation was IT support engineer, but responsibility matched perfectly with one domain out of the 10. Also that firm later on merged with another big firm and took a new name ( name which is different in my payslip). Will it create any problem?
  • Options
    TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As long as you have a supervisor in the company you worked in, who will validate your experience and your expertise, you will be fine. ISC2 often calls your point of contacts in the organization to verify and audit your declared experiences. Furthermore, you need to have experience in 2 or more domains of the CISSP CBK, to become eligible for the certification. Pass on your resume to ISC2 and they will decide your fate.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • Options
    Thanks, it really helped a lot.