Options

Who wants to be a rockstar?

BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
Found this one today, I don't see much wrong but I thought the title was pretty funny.

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/Aspiring-Rock-Star-Network-Consulting-Engineer/a1ff34d4/?source=feed-indeed

Aspiring "Rock Star" Network Consulting Engineer

Raleigh, NC

Posted Yesterday in EngineeringGlobal Convergence is looking for entry Level (CCNA) Network Consulting Engineers(NCE) with the aptitude and affinity to Learn from the industry leader, while supporting Network Optimization Service (NOS) and other wireless survey engagements for Cisco customers. The position location is based in the RTP area. This resource will be a Cisco red-badged employee.
This NCE will help customers maximize network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals. The NCE delivers the technologies, solutions and services customers need to expertly manage their networks. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on commitments. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, Early in Career / Returning Military personnel, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues, while learning Advanced Networking Technologies .
Common Responsibilities:
- Support the development and delivery of Cisco Advanced Services Optimization deliverables
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking problems.
- Performs analysis of highly complex network designs.
- Aggressively pursue Advanced Cisco Networking Certifications (i.e. CCNP, CCIE)
- Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
- In support of Cisco NOS delivery lead Software Strategy, Proactive Software Recommendations and periodic critical defect analysis reviews
- Conduct Network, platform and technology stability audits
- Develop Network Improvement Plans
- Troubleshoots and resolves highly complex customer network problems across a broad range of technologies.
- Acts as a focal point for highly complex network problem resolution.
The NCE may perform any of the following components of the role breakdown depending on specific engagements.
REQUIRED SKILLS:
In-depth knowledge in Routing & Switching , and strong knowledge in all other areas of: IP internetworking, LAN Switching, Network Security. IP Routing protocols (IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP). Wireless Networking. Potential to be a "Rock Star" NCE for Cisco!

- Internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment.
- The key area of focus on this role will Routing & Switching as well as Wireless technologoes
- Undertake support as designated Advanced Services engineer for large-scale networks.
- Must possess good technical account leadership skills.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Network Consulting or high-level support.
- Large-scale network design skills.
CCNA or equivalent level experience is preferred.
Travel may be required (~50%).
Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What if I am already a rock star?
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Maybe Rock Star² ?
  • Options
    ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So they're kinda encouraging you to burn out early and spend all your cash on blow and cheap *h*00k3r5 ?
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I was kind of hoping just to be a light jazz flute star...
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    "Jazz flute is for sissy girls!"

I have been waiting forever to use that quote Hokie! Thanks!
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    Do they pay like a rockstar?
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    gbdavidx wrote: »
    Do they pay like a rockstar?

"Aspiring" Rock Stars get paid nuff all, lot's of free gigs to get your name out there :p
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    "Aspiring" Rock Stars get paid nuff all, lot's of free gigs to get your name out there :p

I've played for what amounts to free pizza and beer several times...but hey, free pizza and beer rocks! \m/
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Do I get all the groupies I could ever want? :P
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do I get all the groupies I could ever want? :P

Don't forget the tour buses and the jets!!
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I want to be a "Rock Star" and have all the perks of a star. A entry level type gig that want's you to know BGP and want you to do advance level support interesting. WOW
  • Options
    swellbowswellbow Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If I hadn't already failed at being a rock star, I wouldn't be scouring job listings in the first place.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I want to be a "Rock Star" and have all the perks of a star. A entry level type gig that want's you to know BGP and want you to do advance level support interesting. WOW

What they mean, is that you will be paid as entry level, but have to have expert/advanced knowledge... ;)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    You wanna build a rockstar? ♫
    meh
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Colemic..... I understood the job rec. but; I thought this was an comical job listing that's all. I find all these jobs want an a rock star but; don't pay upfront.
  • Options
    RafaNoor91RafaNoor91 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cause we all just wanna be big rockstars
    And live in hilltop houses drivin 15 cars
  • Options
    swellbowswellbow Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    RafaNoor91 wrote: »
    Cause we all just wanna be big rockstars
    And live in hilltop houses drivin 15 cars

the certs came easy, now they're obsolete
    and we'll all stay skinny paying exam fees