Options

Network Virtual Machines

davidoffdavidoff Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, I want to create a virtual environment, I want to network my virtual machines, what should I choose from the following settings
1.Nat
2.Nat Network
3. Bridged Adapter
4. Internal Network
5. Host-Only Adapter
6. Generic Driver

Comments

• Options
    APJAMESAPJAMES Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When you say 'network' the machines , do you mean creating a network that each machine can communicate? Its been a while since I used Oracle box, but those options look like the ones in Oracle box, so I'm going to guess you're using that, if so,and I've understood your questions, I'm pretty sure you should be using internal network
  • Options
    Yes your right, each machine can communicate, I am also using Oracle Box for virtual environment, thank you for your tip, I will try this one
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    If all you want is for your VM's to talk to each other , then put them all on the internal network.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    Thanks for your answer,I have another question, Just want to ask, if you will install win server 2012 to a virtual machine, should you format the hard disk before installing, or you will just go straight away and install the software..
  • Options
    SteveFerSteveFer Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is there an OS already installed on the HD ?
  • Options
    Nothing installed, it is newly created virtual machine bro
  • Options
    APJAMESAPJAMES Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Install it on the HD so
  • Options
    asegunloluasegunlolu Banned Posts: 38 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If no OS/data is on the HDD, you won't need to do any special process to format. Formatting is part of the process. In other words, any partition that you install on will be formatted.
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I also use Oracle VirtualBox VM's, Use Host-Only-Adapter for your virtual machine and at the bottom choose if you want to allow 'VM's only' or 'allow all', you can choose 'allow all' if you want your virtual machines to communicate with the host and if you want them to communicate with other third party VMs like VMware or HyperV. Use the Ping to test if they communicate to each other.
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    davidoff wrote: »
    Thanks for your answer,I have another question, Just want to ask, if you will install win server 2012 to a virtual machine, should you format the hard disk before installing, or you will just go straight away and install the software..

If you are going to use virtualbox or vmware to create your vm's you don't need to format any hard drive. The OS will do that for you when you install the OS while you're going threw the server wizard.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*