CISA after CISSP?

acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys, i am wondering if anybody tried to study for CISA after successfuly passing CISSP.

I passed CISSP a few months ago and thinking of start studying for CISA.

Is it easier than CISSP? i guess in some domains it should be but for sure it's easier to people that dedicated in auditing which i haven'.t

i saw here the weight of each domain: Job Practice Areas

what do you think? anybody has any experience of CISA after CISSP?

thanks.

Comments

• TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You must be kidding, right?. I have been studying for CISSP for 2 years and when I couldn't get anywhere with it, I moved to CISA, read the manual once and that's it. CISA is piece of cake, if you have already gone through CISSP.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Our VP of Info Sec saw me studying for the CISSP and said I should definitely go for CISA right after.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • CyberfiSecurityCyberfiSecurity Member Posts: 184
    I agree that you should go for CISA if you plan to be in the position of an auditor. Most of the materials are overlap, but you have to put yourself in the auditor position. I took the exam once, and got 425; which 450 is minimum to pass base on draw score. I was told that 450 is in the 80 percentile.

If you have no intention to do auditing, then it just waste time and money and maintaining the certification. CISSP is still standing out from the crowd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
    President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.
  • acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi all, thanks for replying. is it really a piece of cake? i am thinking of going asap now that i have (somehow) the material fresh in my mind because of cissp.
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I did CISA after CISSP (because I actually *was* an auditor at the time), I actually thought it was more difficult in some areas the CISSP. Certainly more in-depth and process-oriented.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
    thanks again everybody, maybe this question should be asked in the isaca forums but if anybody has any answer for me i would be very thankful.

so, if i pass the official isaca packs of review questions for 2014 and 2013 with a 70% score. identify my weaknesses and study just that, do you think that would be sufficient?
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    That's hard to tell. That's on the bubble, 50/50, IMO. Work to get those scores up, and understand the explanations for the ones you get wrong. It wouldn't hurt to get the ISACA review manual, either.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
    ISACA administrates CISA exam 3 times per year in June, September, and December. Do you plan to take it in September?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    ISACA administrates CISA exam 3 times per year in June, September, and December. Do you plan to take it in September?

Also know that the September test isn't available in all locations: Exam Locations

im thinking that if i start i will go for the December exam.
    I think I am going to take it again in September because I want to be an independent consultant because usually corporate uses third party to avoid bias. So, it is better to provide variety services.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]