Options

ICND2 OSPF Exam Topic Question

CKrollCKroll Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I just had a quick question about the OSPF section of the ICND2 exam. Are stub areas, and/or NSSAs, TSAs, totally NSSAs covered on the ICND2? Also, what about route summarization as well as default route propagation?

Comments

• Options
    meatandpotatoesmeatandpotatoes Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Based on my experiences you should familiarize yourself with area and LSA types. Its not necessary to know these topics in-depth as these would be covered in the CCNP track but it does help to have a basic understanding.

I familiarized myself with route summarization (don't think it was necessary) and understood how to propagate default routes using the default-information originate command.

Again these are based on my experiences - others may think differently.

M&P
    icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    tomtom1tomtom1 Member Posts: 375
    Don't think it will go into that much detail, however, concern yourself with the concepts behind OSPF (use of areas to provide a hierachical design, every router in the same area has the same view of the topology and have an identical LSDB). That kind of stuff.

Also indeed, check the default-information originate (with and without the always keyword).
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tomtom1 wrote: »
    Don't think it will go into that much detail, however, concern yourself with the concepts behind OSPF (use of areas to provide a hierachical design, every router in the same area has the same view of the topology and have an identical LSDB). That kind of stuff.

Also indeed, check the default-information originate (with and without the always keyword).

+1 to this
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    esr0159esr0159 Member Posts: 80 ■□□□□□□□□□
    +1 to this
    I'd +1 that too
    CCNP R&S | Planning to hit IE R&S or JNCIA or Security path|
  • Options
    tomtom1tomtom1 Member Posts: 375
    esr0159 wrote: »
    I'd +1 that too
    Thanks guys. For CKroll I'd say, do the same for the distance vector based protocols (mainly RIP, and EIGRP for some parts). Learn the concepts and the configuration parts (for example: EIGRP does auto summary by default, which can cause problems in the scenario below):

Remember that EIGRP auto summary will summarise the routes to the classfull network by default. Since 10.0.0.0/24 is a class-A network, network 10.0.0.0/8 will be advertised by both R1 and R3 towards R2. How will R2 know which next-hop to take if it wants to send traffic to 10.6.0.0/24, or 10.2.0.0/24? If we assume that both links are of the same bandwidth and delay (EIGRP metrics), equal cost loadbalancing will be done on R2. So, roughly 50% of the traffic will be send to the right router and the other traffic will not reach the correct destination.

Something that the CCNA might just test you on :)
  • Options
    CKrollCKroll Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot meatandpotatoes and tomtom1, you guys have been a big help. :)