Options

Update 7 days to go

GeneCGeneC Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I have spent everyday this week so far in the library. I started off with a full exam simulation using total testers and scored a 70%. I did not like this to much but noted my weakest domains. I have spent the next few days working on those weak domains.

I have taken 3 different quiz engines and would like to outline my progress on my weakest domains

Telecom
46% to 49% to 64%

BCP/DR
64% to 69% to 74%

Security Architecture
70% to 53% to 57%

I have ups and downs all day as I get into a groove of correct answers then hit a wall. I think part of the problem is that I am doing questions all day. I saw things more clearly when I went to the parking lot and caught a 20 minute nap in the car (obviously not recommened on exam day)

I plan on taking the GISP practice exam tomorrow and will post my results. The scores thus far are not making me think about rescheduling but the confidence has its ups and downs.

So with 7 days left here is what I have planned and would love to hear your feedback, especially at this point with 7 days to go.

- GISP Exam sim
- Finish 2nd half of McGrawHill online questions ( Roughly 250 questions)
- Shon Harris Practice Exam book ( Roughly 250 questions)
- 11th hour

I wonder if I am spending to much time quizzing. I notice that I am throwing some valuable points in the garbage but not putting cetain things into the memory bank. IE length of 10Base2 cable

Thursday rest and Friday exam

Thanks everyone

Gene

Comments

• Options
    GeneCGeneC Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In case it was not clear I am looking on how to maximize my last week. :)
  • Options
    TripleDESTripleDES Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    One suggestion when taking the GISP practice exam is to quickly take subject material notes of any missed questions as you go through the test. The practice test will mark each question as correct or wrong as you go through it. At the end you do get a rating of each subject area but cannot go back through the missed questions. I felt knowing the the detail on missed questions helpful for review.

Taking this 1 week before the test is perfect as you will have time to review missed questions.

I also recommend you take it easy on studying the day before the test. At that point it's better to be mentally rested than cramming a few more technical details.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What kind of problems or aspects of the 3 listed domains give you trouble?

Quizing is fine as long as you go back and review and study what it is and why you missed it.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    CyberfiSecurityCyberfiSecurity Member Posts: 184
    I would recommend to go through the CISSP Exam Outline, and go over every sections of the checklist. Trying to understand the subject without looking at the references. If you know the majority of the topic/subjects in the checklist. Then you definitely ready. Also, trying to memorizes the differences:
    - Memory: ROM, RAM, EPROM, EEPROM, SWAP, and etc..
    - ITSEC, Orange book, and Common criteria.
    others like System Development Life Cycles, Investigation procedure, and etc.

When you do the practice exams, ensure think likes Manager...or remind you every single question. It worked for me every well... and study the answer with explanation; therefore, you know why the answer is the answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
    President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.