Options

Hard time explaining job

Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello.

I started an internship last week, but its super laid back and hard to actually define the role when the responsibilities of the IS team overlap.

How would you add Active Directory into a list of what you do? So far I got;
Helping to maintain the IT infrastructure and services of a large and busy university hospital, working closely with students, nurses and other healthcare professionals.

Working as apart of the IS team, we deal with daily IT issues ranging from hardware, software, connectivity problems, networking, Active Directory, and general system administration. Interaction with IS from students and staff takes form of a ticket system (Spiceworks) and via phone.

Its for my linkedin, but its not too important so dont be harsh, I just want to update it and trying to put in a placeholder while I get more of a footing and more exposure to the systems and that.

Its a team of 5 but everyone has a specialty, but generally all IT problems large and small come our way. All of them are 13+ years each in the same place so they know everything inside out, and work does overlap depending whos in.

I cant seem to get the wording right with trying to say that I work with AD.

Comments

• Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I've read this over a few times to see if I am misinterpreting it, but I don't really get what you are asking. It looks like you are posting the job duties directly from the job posting, but you don't know what your actual responsibilities are?

Do you reset passwords in active directory, and help people connect to the hospital wifi for the networking portion? I'm not sure how we can tell you what responsibilities you do at your job, from that vague job posting.

Not to be harsh, but it's really impossible for us to tell you what it is that you do at work.
  • Options
    Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't know either!

I posted this when I was very tired. If you don't see a problem with it then its fine. Its just a wording problem I had, and as for the description its just fluff for the moment.

Thanks Ande :)
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would use fast paced over busy
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA