Options

IPv6 router 2801 or ? GURU TIME!!

mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
I wanna get a couple of 2801s with the newest IOS to work with IPv6. I was looking on
Ebay and they seem inexpensive but I'm not sure about the WAN ports--are they the
DB60 type or Smart Serial?

So the question for the Gurus today is which IPv6 router do you recommend for my home lab?

Thanks
Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University

Comments

• Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The 2801 can accept WIC, VIC, VWIC, or HWIC cards (which slot accepts which is a bit funky, though). The most common Serial WICs are WIC-1T (DB-60), WIC-2T (Smart Serial), and WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 (T1). I prefer the last (T1) myself.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    theodoxa wrote: »
    The 2801 can accept WIC, VIC, VWIC, or HWIC cards (which slot accepts which is a bit funky, though). The most common Serial WICs are WIC-1T (DB-60), WIC-2T (Smart Serial), and WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 (T1). I prefer the last (T1) myself.

Thanks! Yeah I have a bunch of DB 60s laying around. Hmm I have an NM-4 also.. Wonder if that puppy would fit in there Hee Hee Hee
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikeybinec wrote: »
    Thanks! Yeah I have a bunch of DB 60s laying around. Hmm I have an NM-4 also.. Wonder if that puppy would fit in there Hee Hee Hee

The 2801 doesn't take NM Modules. The NM-4T seems to only be compatible with the 3xxx routers. The NM-4A/S (same thing, but less bandwidth) is compatible with more routers.

Overview of Cisco Network Modules and Service Modules for Cisco Access Routers - Cisco
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    theodoxa wrote: »
    The 2801 doesn't take NM Modules. The NM-4T seems to only be compatible with the 3xxx routers. The NM-4A/S (same thing, but less bandwidth) is compatible with more routers.

Overview of Cisco Network Modules and Service Modules for Cisco Access Routers - Cisco

Yeah, I have one of those NM-4 A/S in one of my 26XXs... But you were very helpful in telling me which modules go into
    the open ports.. I didnt know. They looked like wic 1ts could go into there..

thanks