Options

Anyone willing to critique my resume?

I'm not good at either resume writing or interviewing. That's coming from someone that's been on both sides of the table. That said, I really need to take advantage of my resume.

Ive only had one IT job, or at least one place. I started out as, what they call, IT tech. After 2 1/2 years I was promoted to IT Manager. I listed it as two different positions on my resume seeing how it's better to have two than one and the fact that the position is much different. Am I right to do this?

I need grammar, description, format, etc. checked.

The position Im looking at is like a helpdesk like position, but I really would like to work there. Not to mention, I actually love where I work now. Im hoping that Im over qualified and with that in mind of the senior staff, I will be able to move up as positions open.

LMK if you can help me out and Ill omit specifics and send. Ill also send job posting if interested.

TIA

Comments

• Options
    Dunkers404Dunkers404 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm not good at either resume writing or interviewing. That's coming from someone that's been on both sides of the table. That said, I really need to take advantage of my resume.

Ive only had one IT job, or at least one place. I started out as, what they call, IT tech. After 2 1/2 years I was promoted to IT Manager. I listed it as two different positions on my resume seeing how it's better to have two than one and the fact that the position is much different. Am I right to do this?

I need grammar, description, format, etc. checked.

The position Im looking at is like a helpdesk like position, but I really would like to work there. Not to mention, I actually love where I work now. Im hoping that Im over qualified and with that in mind of the senior staff, I will be able to move up as positions open.

LMK if you can help me out and Ill omit specifics and send. Ill also send job posting if interested.

TIA

With grammar/structure I may be able to assist with, however everything else I wouldn't be the right person.. Sure I done my brothers C.V, but that was for some low end job.
  • Options
    SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
    Can I attach via PM? I never tried. Would you prefer email?
  • Options
    I'll send you a PM with my email.
  • Options

Grammar/Punctuation/Vocabulary was fine (spot on)

Though the overall structure of it seems rushed and clumped together
  • Options
    Dunkers404 wrote: »
    Grammar/Punctuation/Vocabulary was fine (spot on)

Though the overall structure of it seems rushed and clumped together

I tried to fit it with many other templates and it all just became a mess (worse than it is now). Believe it or not, it wasn't rushed at all. Just lots of changes. Suppose that's a bad thing.
  • Options
    I tried to fit it with many other templates and it all just became a mess (worse than it is now). Believe it or not, it wasn't rushed at all. Just lots of changes. Suppose that's a bad thing.

Restructuring it, if you don't mind, once it's done you can see whether you like it?
  • Options
    Really appreciate that!
  • Options
    massontechmassontech Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    More like a PM to PM conversation!