Options

Resume!

Hi Everyone,

I am interested to know what do you put in your resume. Do you put the specific technologies or specific product? For example, you have experienced working with the Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), do you put ArcSight, IBM Q1, or simply SIEM?
"- Implementing and designing security incident and event management (SIEM)"

I had a recruiter told me that the client is looking for "SIEM" not ArcSight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Quite a few of the InfoSec listings I see ask for experience with specific products. So for recruiters that are searching for keywords, you could miss out if they are not on your resume/profile. However I wouldn't go into detail for everything if it will add too much to your resume. But honestly if you're targeting security jobs, then you can list details on just the security products you've used.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do both. SIEM could be in your career summary and ArcSight could be in your technical skills sections.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe