Options

So frustrating

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
You know when you had an awesome interview, they like you and they even indicate that you are the next one on the hiring list but all you get is silence and promises ?

Makes you wonder, what the f* went wrong and where ... Makes it even worse when you sit in a company which doesn't go anywhere and whose staff's moral is at an all-time low.

You shouldn't but you do get desperate, making it probably worse ..

I should really just work in a pub or something icon_sad.gif

It's like when you have your first girlfriend - you are always hopeful because you know you won't find something as great as that .. which is what this role feels like.

You will say "time to move on", and I tried, but there isn't much going on to move to at the moment ... And the fact that I keep getting positive messages makes it even worse .. keep getting my hopes up .. false hope likely ..

Sigh .. weekend yet ?
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• Options
    srjsrj Member Posts: 58 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's usually how I feel before something really good happens. Hang in there! Internal candidates might have played a role as well. Keep looking and post your resume for input.
  • Options
    RHELRHEL Member Posts: 195 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sometimes its out of your control. We have a ton of open positions here that I'm sure we've been interviewing candidates for... All of the sudden, the CIO announces a hiring freeze except for absolutely critical roles. Whoops, what happens to those in the process? :/
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    RHEL wrote: »
    Sometimes its out of your control. We have a ton of open positions here that I'm sure we've been interviewing candidates for... All of the sudden, the CIO announces a hiring freeze except for absolutely critical roles. Whoops, what happens to those in the process? :/

Yes this is a common case from what I've experienced, especially in large organizations. Also, there are sometimes internal situations that arise with the position that is being filled. For example for the position I have now, I was in the same boat as you and was left in limbo for THREE full months. After starting my manager and I both found out that there was a situation with the persons position that my manager took, and they were threatening to sue the company for wrongful termination (the job was relocated from NY to FL) so they had to iron that situation out before they could get to filling my position.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am past 3 months now and obviously I have given up - but what gets me is the lack of communication, promises of callbacks on day x and whatnot .. I still have another iron in the fire as well, so we shall see how that one works out ..
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ^ is why you must have other interviews going on. Their loss, your gain!
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    jdancer wrote: »
    ^ is why you must have other interviews going on. Their loss, your gain!

Agreed! At the time I accepted my current offer, I had finished a few other interview processes and was waiting on their selection results and had to go contact them and let them know I accepted an offer. As well, I had some other places I was waiting on the second round of interviews. So definitely keep working other avenues and don't stop to wait for one.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Keep those irons hot and add more to the fire would be my suggestion. Plenty more fish in the sea, you just need to put more lines out there with tastier bait :)

I know exactly how you feel though, there's nothing worse being in a role that makes you think negatively more often, it can be very destructive. I'm a naturally miserable person at the best of times (I blame 15 yrs of being in IT!) but I know that as hard as it is, if you can find a way of turning that thought process round and keep that treadmill going something positive will happen if you want it too. Good luck with your job hunt.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln