Options

Problem With Windows Server 2012

davidoffdavidoff Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, Installed Windows Server 2012, I am reviewing for the exam, I had a problem installing a migration tools in windows server 2012, I am following the tutorial but it is not working in my software, for specific description, I went to powershell.exe, run it by administrator, in the tutorial if they run the powershell with the administrator, it prompts them a username and password that needs to be entered, in my software its not, so I type Install -WindowsFeature Migration, it suppposed to install the feature, but it prompts with a error as follows "Install: The term 'Install' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again at line 1: char:1
+install - windowsfeature migration

+categoryinfo :objectnotfound: (install: String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+FullyQualifiedErrorId :CommandNotFoundExeception

That is the message, please

Comments

• Options
    pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    davidoff wrote: »
    Hi, Installed Windows Server 2012, I am reviewing for the exam, I had a problem installing a migration tools in windows server 2012, I am following the tutorial but it is not working in my software, for specific description, I went to powershell.exe, run it by administrator, in the tutorial if they run the powershell with the administrator, it prompts them a username and password that needs to be entered, in my software its not, so I type Install -WindowsFeature Migration, it suppposed to install the feature, but it prompts with a error as follows "Install: The term 'Install' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again at line 1: char:1
    +install - windowsfeature migration

+categoryinfo :objectnotfound: (install: String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    +FullyQualifiedErrorId :CommandNotFoundExeception

That is the message, please
    You are typing the command correctly, should be Install-WindowsFeature with no spaces.
  • Options
    A big thank you, God Bless, it worked!!! icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    How can I know, if the driver that I will install, is digitally signed by microsoft
  • Options
    pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    davidoff wrote: »
    How can I know, if the driver that I will install, is digitally signed by microsoft
    Check the properties of the catalogue file that comes with the driver and if it's signed by MS you'll see the details in the digital signatures of the file.

More info:
    Steps for Signing a Device Driver Package
  • Options
    Thank you once again, I would like to ask, if it is possible to review for 70-410 by only using VMWARE? and not to install a physical server
  • Options
    ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    It's hard to do hyper-v without a physical machine.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410