Options

WGU Faculty Position

Does anyone here work for Western Governors University as a faculty, facilitator, course developer, or mentor? I submitted my application, but was never being contacted. I am wondering because I don't have teaching experience. And those who works as online adjunct, how do you start out? I am trying to find an adjunct position as supplement income, but it is hard coming by. I know the pay is little as $5.00 per hour, but I can do on my own time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.

Comments

• Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My girlfriend has been applying for months. She has a Masters degree and over 10 years experience in teaching and education. Hasn't heard anything back yet. Seems pretty difficult to get in.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    CyberfiSecurityCyberfiSecurity Member Posts: 184
    srabiee wrote: »
    My girlfriend has been applying for months. She has a Masters degree and over 10 years experience in teaching and education. Hasn't heard anything back yet. Seems pretty difficult to get in.

Hi Srabiee,

Thanks for replying! Wow! She has 10 years experience in teaching but no response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
    President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yep, both child and adult education. She applied as a course mentor, student mentor, and task grader. Nothing yet.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    My wife has a friend who works for WGU and told us that it is very competitive to get an interview. This particular person has a Masters in Education plus 11 years of experience. She was telling us that most positions get over 100 applications and the first thing they look for on the resume is the education requirement followed by how long you have worked in your field.

If you aren't getting a response don't take it to heart but keep trying. I believe her pay started out in the ~20/hr range as a taskstream grader and has gone up from there. Good luck!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11