Options

Examforce MCSA

SouthpawtechieSouthpawtechie Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good Morning All!

Quick question to the point: Has anyone used Examforce for the MCSA? Is it a good test prep? I just received a call with this deal for 410, 411, 412:

Examcoach: FREE
410, 411, 412 Test Prep: $100/ea = $300
410, 411, 412 Labs: $450

Total: $700 - $750

Is this a good deal and more importantly is Examforce a good option for training? I usually do my own training and have done some thing through Pluralsight, CBTNuiggets, and looking at Lynda.com.

I look forward to all opinions.

Comments

• Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    i have used examforce before. Dont waste your money on this crap. Their testprep exams are awful and their videos are just from careeracademy or similar. You would be better off with a 6 (or 12) month subcription cbtnuggets and get videos and transcender exams
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I agree. Most of those super expensive exam prep sites are usually a scam or crap. CBTNuggets is good, and PluralSite (TrainSignal) is also good.

Other than CBT, I recommend that you check Amazon for any study books that have positive user reviews, those will also help tremendously. Create a virtualized lab environment and lab EVERYTHING.

These exams are really difficult. Overly difficult IMO.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would say go with TrainSignal and CBTNuggets. I'm going to start watching the TrainSignal videos next week. Also going to read "Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 Training Guide: MCSA 70-410 (Microsoft Press Training Guide)". Good luck.
  • Options
    ccabrera419ccabrera419 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TrainSignal is pretty good but i have been told that it can't be my only resource material to pass the exam. Is there a lot of power-shell questions on the MCSA 70-410? I also purchased Exam Ref "Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2" from amazon yesterday. Is there any other good books, audio books or videos that gives you more of a scenario base to get a better understanding? I'm sure there will be plenty of those questions on the exam.
  • Options
    pandiculatorpandiculator Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TrainSignal is pretty good but i have been told that it can't be my only resource material to pass the exam.

I'm doing the 70-417 upgrade and as I have PluralSight (TrainSignal), I'm going through the 70-410, 70-411 and 70-412 videos as initial preparation/refresher. I can confirm, having just finished the 70-410 videos, that it doesn't go into anything like the level of detail that I'd expect on a Microsoft exam. As an overview it's fine but you will definitely need another source of information.
  • Options
    ccabrera419ccabrera419 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Pandiculater. What source have you used to get through your 70-410 exam?
  • Options
    pandiculatorpandiculator Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Pandiculater. What source have you used to get through your 70-410 exam?

I'm not taking 70-410, just using that course as a refresher for 70-417. 70-417 is the exam to upgrade MCSA 2008 to MCSA 2012 and combines the three exams (410,411,412) into one. My approach is to have at least watched the three course videos before hitting the 70-417 Exam Ref book, then I'll concentrate on the key concepts for 417. I will also build a lab environment to get hands on.

From MCSA 2008, the approach that worked for me was PluralSight videos for an introduction. MS Press training books for deeper reading and labs, supplemented with TechNet articles. Then a Kaplan practice test about a month before the exam.