Need help on 3 questions.please

spiderdarrenspiderdarren Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and my friends recommended me to here because they said I could get a lot of help here. Hope you guys will help me. Thank you

I came through 3 questions I was not sure about:

1)Disk Defragmenter (know how much HDD space must be available?
15%,
30%
50%
75%

2)Where is the boot.ini located in windows 2000?
%systemroot%
%systemroot%/winnt
%systemroot%/winnt/system32
%systemroot%/winnt/system

3)How can you ping and resolve IP to hostname?
Ping –r,
ping. –a,
ping –n,
ping - y

I bolded my answers for each answer. Please let me know if it is correct. Thank you.
SpiderDarren wanna learn more from others :)
A+ certified..hunting for more

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Spiderdaren,

Welcome to TechExams.net

My question back to you is "Why did you make the selections you did?"

I will help you understand the answers, but myself (and likely many others here) would rather you understand the 'why' and not just know which answer is correct on some practice test or homework.

For your first question:
    Why do you think you need 30%? Do you have a source for this to backup/understand why you selected that? Or did it merely look like a good answer?

Having another person tell/confirm an answer doesn't make it so. Even knowledgeable people get it wrong from time to time. So, if for example, someone told you or you heard that it's 30%, can you find it in a reference? (MS site, Meyer's book, etc...)

HTH
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • EvilSkyEvilSky Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I dont think you are expected to memorize all the possible commands for the A+(correct me if im wrong), just whenever you are in DOS just type the command and /? to get all the info on how to use it.
    By doing that I just saw the correct answer is option B, but again I doubt It could be asked on the exam.