415 and 416

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
Has anyone taken these exams lately? If so, thoughts?
I am thinking of taking these two so that I can renew the two other MCSEs that I have which will be expiring next year.

Comments

• ThechainremainsThechainremains Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    After going 3-for-3 on 70-410/70-411/70/412 (Server 2012 R2) consecutively thru 3 months..I just got done taking the 70-415 and failed it at 661. Heartbreaking. Let me tell you 3 things..

1) First let me VENT and you may already know this ::: I completely regret taking it at an official Prometric Testing Center instead of the Affiliate testing center. They are so distracting and convoluted that it completely threw me off the minute I walked in. ALWAYS Go to an affiliate testing center no matter what happens. The experience is allot more friendly for test-takers overall.

2) You have the elective exam format of 45 questions, with more than enough time to take it. The problem is once you past the 1st section you cannot go back. I dont know if that has changed since MCSE 2003 or 2008?

3) I would focus less on SCCM and more on the areas surrounding SCCM such as WSUS, RDS (big time, kind of ridiculous how much of it is covered), and Heavy on VDI. The reason i say this is, I built 10 SCCM servers/consoles and literally none of what i learned/mastered was covered at all. Quite Shocking to say the least.
  • davidoffdavidoff Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi, is it possible to take the 415, without taking the 410 and the other Server exams?If not, is it possible to review this without an experience in Windows Server so much? God Bless
  • ThechainremainsThechainremains Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    davidoff wrote: »
    Hi, is it possible to take the 415, without taking the 410 and the other Server exams?If not, is it possible to review this without an experience in Windows Server so much? God Bless

I would say take the 410,411,412 exams first because it's going to get you in the mode of taking exams... The first 3, are straight up exams... while the last two 415 and 416, are tougher because you have to literally go section by section and that decreases your ability to score high..