Options

To those who say bad things about the SSCP...

kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just recently earned the SSCP, and updated my resume on all of the popular US job sites (Indeed, Career Builder, Dice, etc...). I have to say, I didn't expect to received any more job offers than what I usually get by phone or email.

This has doubled...

My phone has been ringing off the hook, and I receive at least 5 - 10 prospective emails a day. All because of my SSCP. It feels really good to be in a field where people beg you to work for them. So if you are considering the SSCP, and like me, don't have the 5 years of experience for the CISSP, study your butt off and take the exam. It's really starting to pay off.
WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
Courses:
Done!!!

Comments

• Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In what city do you live in?
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Great job @kanecain! Glad to hear the potentials are stacking up.

I know you're stoked about the recent uptick but I'd like to modify what you said about it all because of the SSCP and suggest it's the addition of the SSCP along with the certs you have already and your experience up to this point. SSCP + CCNA:S + is a pretty good combo, especially from a security perspective.
  • Options
    lsud00d wrote: »
    Great job @kanecain! Glad to hear the potentials are stacking up.

I know you're stoked about the recent uptick but I'd like to modify what you said about it all because of the SSCP and suggest it's the addition of the SSCP along with the certs you have already and your experience up to this point. SSCP + CCNA:S + is a pretty good combo, especially from a security perspective.
    Thanks! Yes, those may have played a part as well, but they have always been on my resume, and I've never received the response that I've gotten without my SSCP.

Hey Jasmin, I am located in Kentucky.
    Courses:
    Done!!!
  • Options
    BosskBossk Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kentucky, huh? I'm typing from Fort Knox! Been weighing SSCP versus going full blown CISSP for a bit now. I meet experience/domain requirements for both, just short of time at the moment with work and WGU. Probably CISSP would be better in my case, but nice to hear positives about the SSCP. Congrats on the accomplishment!
  • Options
    abnmiabnmi Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey guys good to see other Blugegrass folks on. I live in Madisonville but work down at Ft Campbell.
  • Options
    Well gentlemen, if our paths every cross, the bourbon is on me!
    Courses:
    Done!!!
  • Options
    ivx502ivx502 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Bossk seeing that I have both the SSCP and the CISSP it depends on where you see yourself going. If you see yourself moving to the Information assurance/ management side of the house then go with the CISSP.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Bossk wrote: »
    Been weighing SSCP versus going full blown CISSP for a bit now. I meet experience/domain requirements for both, just short of time at the moment with work and WGU.
    If you have the professional work experience for the full CISSP certification then go for it rather than the SSCP. An exception is if you want to get the SSCP as preparation for studying/taking the CISSP exam. That is what I did.