Options

Error trying to use Crypto Command on 2950 Switches- NEED HELP BADLY

rodneyv4617rodneyv4617 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I have three switches in my home CCNA Lab, one is a L3 3550 which supports SSH fine. I am having big issues with the 2x 2950 switches, I upgraded the IOS to c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA14 which according t Cicso.com is image that supports SSH.

When I go into global config and try to generate the keys by typing crypto ? it doesn't allow me to use that command, says not recognized icon_sad.gif
does anyone know why this is happening? as its driving me crazy, really need some help.
If cannot get SSH working on the 2950's I may as well get two more 3550's
Thanks,
Rodney FL USA.

Comments

• Options
    volumevolume Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd start by confirming that you're running the IOS version that you think you are. Can you copy/paste a 'show version'?
  • Options
    BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    Hmm, I can do this command in packet tracer on a 2950 no problem.
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005
  • Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You'll need a different IOS - I had the same issue when I first got my 2950's. Don't remember exactly which version you need, but a quick google search would probably tell you...

edit - I used c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA13, so I'm assuming 14 should also be good. As volume suggested, did you verify the version that your switch is running after the upgrade??
  • Options
    KrysisKrysis Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am having the same issue as the original poster. I am using some 2950's as in home lab switches and I have updated the IOS to c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA13.bin, however I still don't have access to the crypto commands in global config. What am I doing wrong here?
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    have you set a domain name for the switch? what is the model of the switch (c/g/t)?
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 420 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As Volume said, sounds like you have the wrong IOS version. Big giveaway if you are trying to type the command and it's not even available. Try a show version and do some googling to check its supported
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any image that supports SSH will have a "k9" in it.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln