CCNA schooling

MickeymbbcMickeymbbc Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know if there are any classes being offered that are more then a 5 day bootcamp style teaching? What I have been looking for is something maybe 10 - 20 days. I think that a bootcamp is too fast paced and a community college/semester is too slow. I have been in the technology field for quite a while and want to increase my knowledge in Cisco--CCNA. There has to be a happy medium out there somewhere, right? I would rather be in a live classroom then a virtual because I do tend to ask a lot of questions. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    check with your local community colleges. they are usually much cheaper and spread out to your liking. you can take longer sequences or accelerated courses that are around 8 weeks!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why not self study and go at your own pace?
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • LauraMalaveLauraMalave Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cisco Networking Academies offer 4 courses leading to CCNA. You can use the Cisco Academy locator to find one near you.

My local community colleges offers it in 8 weeks per course, so 2 in one semester.

There may be academies that offer shorter versions as well.
  • MickeymbbcMickeymbbc Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Because I want to get in done within 6 or so weeks. Thanks thoughicon_lol.gif
    Cisco Networking Academies offer 4 courses leading to CCNA. You can use the Cisco Academy locator to find one near you.

My local community colleges offers it in 8 weeks per course, so 2 in one semester.

There may be academies that offer shorter versions as well.

I am looking for around 6 or so week courses but not from a college, I was more hoping someone knew a trade school bc I'm wanting a certification. I don't care for the boot camps bc that's a little to quick and I would not absorb the material and learn like I want. Self pace classes will not benefit me bc I need to be hands on with a teacher bc I learn better that way. I am just looking specifically for ccna course alone that's longer than 5 days they offer. Thank you very much.
  • J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    With the kind of time frame, your options are a little limited to either a boot camp for self study. Even if you found local community college or trade school that offed the classes, they are probably going to be longer then 6 weeks.
    I took the Cisco Networking Academy via my local community college and I would highly recommend it, if you have the time. Lots of hands on training.

If hands on is you learning style, maybe self stuff with courses from CBT Nuggets or Chris Bryant's course from Udemy and get some physical equipment on the cheap off eBay?

Good luck!
    J_86 wrote: »
    With the kind of time frame, your options are a little limited to either a boot camp for self study. Even if you found local community college or trade school that offed the classes, they are probably going to be longer then 6 weeks.
    I took the Cisco Networking Academy via my local community college and I would highly recommend it, if you have the time. Lots of hands on training.

If hands on is you learning style, maybe self stuff with courses from CBT Nuggets or Chris Bryant's course from Udemy and get some physical equipment on the cheap off eBay?

Good luck!

I kind of figured I was limited. I really appreciate everyone's help and input. Self study would be cool but if I have a hard time with something I'm kind of stuck bc unlike most here I am a beginner to this area. I will check the other stuff out though Thanks again
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    if you are a beginner, you are likely not going to learn in 6 weeks.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I know a company that does night classes over 2 weeks, but obviously it would be something for locals.
  • Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Heres me trying to come to terms with a year long part-time CCNA course!