Options

New job heavy on ITIL best practices, is it time to certify?

NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
First I'd like to say I've just started a new job as a "Systems Analyst" for a large health care organization and would like to thank everyone on this forum over my past year and a half for directly or indirectly guiding my career through your many insightful posts icon_cheers.gif.

I've come to learn that my new job is heavy on ITIL. I've always thought that foundation level language of ITIL should be required by all IT professionals (also A+ level knowledge), whether certified or not. Something tells me this is a clear example of certifying yourself in what you will be living and breathing at work, the thought of it exciting me. I'm now motivated to go beyond Foundation and reach into Intermediate specialty.
O
/|\
/ \

Comments

• Options
    CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
    I would go for it. It might give you more opportunities to a more lucrative position in or outside the company. You might even get a small pay rise for the certs you gain.

Be aware that the intermediate level is a whole another ball game in terms of training requirements and the cost associated with the training.

Does the company provide training past the foundation level?