Options

What are you working on today?

WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
No, not a new Microsoft slogan, but an idea for a topic that should be interesting.

What are you working on today? (Job or study related please ;))

Let me start myself: I'm working on Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity TechNotes for the Security+ exam, creating a CCSP section, and writing a tutorial on how to model a grenade in 3d studio max.

Feel free to reply if you read this topic after 'today'.

Comments

• Options
    spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This should produce some interesting answers

I am helping a colleague design a database (work related), studying for a diploma, studying for 70-291 & building a Citrix Farm
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    I'm working on the 70-290. Every time I feel like I'm ready to take the test I find another reason to study more. I may take it some day! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    new campus network design and config
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm working on studying for my CCNA, and generally being the help desk whipping boy.

Most of my dept. is out and about today, so I'm here to answer "Yes, we know that is a problem, no we can't do anything about it today, yes we know you need it, no we still can't do anything."
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Studying for 70-290 and taking & resolving help desk requests while I mold into my new position.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Planning a server build for a client. Installing a new switch for another client and repatching what is there. Trying to diagnose an issue where a ftp transfer withing a program gets a 'connection reset at peer' message when watching the data through the firewall we do not see anything from the remote machine. Investigating how a client can have a data traffic bill from their ISP that is 8 x the normal and I have not been able to find a virus or anything else that could cause it.

Most important ..... 5 laps of the mountainbike track icon_lol.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Certification-wise I'm working on taking the CWSP in a couple of weeks, then hopefully the TICSA in April.

School-wise I'm just finishing up a class in Enterprise Security Technology; next quarter I'll be taking a software quality assurance class.

Work-wise this is my current project: http://www.mycomicbookcreator.com/
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    I'm working on Linux + and trying to graduate from college. 1 more semester left...yeh baby
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    off from the the IT field for a while,
    be a road crew member for my local band - a full 2 months tour
    doing sound check icon_wink.gif
    we have tens of mesa-boogies here, tens of marshalls, couple of peaveys sound monitors - and have FUN icon_cool.gif
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I'm working on getting a ride home, my BMW handles horrible in 10 inches of snow.
  • Options
    netstatnetstat Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Leisure: fixed a DNS problem with one of my routers, also fixed a SP2 conflict i had with a PCMCIA wireless card.

Studying: Awaiting results so finally i can start my final year to obtain a BSc in Computing and Information Systems .

Revising CCNA and contemplating when to sit for the exam ... or maybe leave it till i get more hands on experience from work - which might take long! neah! icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Studied Windows XP 70-270 the whole morning then jumped to BSCI in the afternoon, had 2 hrs of sleep after sleeping at 3 am the whole week now its time to have fun. icon_lol.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    shoveling snow...... icon_sad.gif
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Certification: Studying for 70-290.

Work Related: Attempting to get the Microsoft Great Plain Dynamics software modules to talk to our new SQL Database. This is a pain.... crash.gif
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    erik_J_72erik_J_72 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cert: Signing up for 70-270 and studying for 70-291

Work: Rolling out Adobe Standard 7.05 to our 250+ XP stations and building a Win 2k image for our billing department.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Just clocking out. Thankful not driving in snow storm tomight.
    Working in a branch office today without much activity--pretty laid back. Today, usual support, helpdesk affairs. Had to reinstall a printer, reset a password, check on request for new monitor and nobody knows who made the request or where the monitor goes, and make multiple calls and get no answers. Mainly, cleaning up some old PCs for eventual resale to employees. But, I love it!

Have a gooooood weekend folks!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    int80hint80h Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm designing 1 of the 3 in vehicle networks for the 2007 Jeep Compass.
  • Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Preparing lectures and labs for an A+ OS Tech and VB.NET class I am teaching. Also studying for CWSP.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Working on strangling the guy I won the $9.99 Compaq Raid Array from... UPS charges $48 to ship it... He is trying to grind me on $74 (guess he's pissed I was the 1 bid)

Sucks to be him.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Getting a new wife....
    What next?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    jmc724 wrote:
    Getting a new wife....
    Uh, have you gotten rid of the "old wife" yet? Or is that really what's first on your "to do" list?
  • Options
    eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    Working on my BA in Computing and 70-270.
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • Options
    jsondjsond Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cert wise I am 3 weeks into studying for my CCSA. I could not find a CCSA book anywhere so settled for the exam cram and ordered my Syngress configuring NGX book, which arrived yesterday :D

Work wise I am learning how to filter IDS events in order to cut down on the number of false positive alerts. The shift I work (3rd) does not get any exposure to checkpoint so I am going to come in a few days during 2nd shift next week and learn how to do change requests.

Also glad to hear there will be a CCSP section as that will almost certainly be the next cert I try for.
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Finished all my Tech Support Calls, now just browsing the tecexams for the updates.....

I am also studying A+ at night...after finishing my MCSE, I will go back to A+ then the famous CCNA....
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Ricka182 wrote:
    shoveling snow...... icon_sad.gif

I used my snowblower ;) But then shovelled a bunch of snow into a pile for the beginning of a sled hill for the kids :)

Still enjoying reading about the interworking of Computer Foresensics and security for businesses.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Cert - Studying for CSPFA (PIX Firewalls) (Work bought me the book to fix a problem, and I figured I might as well use it to take the test. Hurry up...) Then finish my MCSE:Security in the new year.

Work - Just finished a system switchover in 2 months... what a mess. I also have a lead on an auditor job, pen-testing and the like. If I get that, I will be doing the CISSP (for the Associate) and CISA.
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Working on a writing a FAQ while my one year old cracks up as she discovers the connection between keyboard and screen. She sneaks up behind me, then presses one of the keys so that she can see it appear on the screen. A geek is born :wink
    shoveling snow......

Our community association handles that. It's good to finally see a benefit of paying those high association fees. :D
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    jdmurray wrote:
    Uh, have you gotten rid of the "old wife" yet? Or is that really what's first on your "to do" list?

That is my immediate TO DO list, Xmas list, New Year's resolution list, and Valentine's Day list.
    What next?
  • Options
    determinedgermandeterminedgerman Member Posts: 168
    Certs - Going to sit the CCSP SECURE 642-501 test on Wednesday. Doing last minute studying for it. Don't think I am as ready as I was for the CCNA but since it retires on December 19th I thought I will give it a shot.

School - Trying to start my Masters in Information Systems in Feb. 06. See if that works out.

Home - Trying to get my Christmas shopping done. I am also excited for my daughters first christmas.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    network migration at this moment another late night icon_lol.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons