Thoughts on labbing concepts that you already have down fairly well?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Like a golfer does when he hits the putting green or a football player does when the practice tackling. Do you practice concepts you know well or at least know at a functional level?

Do you assign yourself projects to hone your skills?

Comments

• ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I try to but have found that just assigning myself a random task does not seem to help much. I find it easier when it's something related to work then the end result of my 'labbing' actually has a practical use. I find most labbing, study guides in particular, to be a bit unrealistic in terms of proposed scenarios icon_silent.gif
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I agree that real world work scenarios are far greater than fake controlled projects.

With that said I like to assign myself one particular task and not stop until it's completed. It seems to help reinforce what I know and allows me to extend my knowledge as well.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    You can never cover the basics enough.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would agree. It seems that much of my labbing is influenced by my work projects. It helps add depth and realism.

Even though I know some of the concepts well, it is nice to continue to utilize the skills and look at the effect of minor changes.