Has anyone recently had to get a Social Security Card

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Just curious what's the time frame on this? I filled out the application and have a birth certificate with a raised seal. I think I am set just wondering what the time frame is. Can you pay extra to have this expedited?

Comments

• CyberfiSecurityCyberfiSecurity Member Posts: 184
    I think you could do that at the local Social Security Administration Office. I looked at the form and requirement is hassle, which you have to prove lot of stuffs. I need to replace mine as well because it is not readable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
    President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    Are you not a us born citizen? i've always had one on hand
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I am a US born citizen. I just never had to replace mine before. I was just curious about the time frame. Looks like a application and birth certicate.
  • MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Last time, I had to replace mine, it took about two weeks.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My wife is a permanent resident of the US after immigrating from Japan.

Once she had her green card, I took her down to the Social Security office. I printed out the forms before hand at home, she submitted the paper work, provided the required documents, and was done in about 20 minutes.

She got her card in the mail about 2-3 weeks later. Was really painless and a lot quicker than I thought.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
    Thanks for the follow ups, the forms and documentation required isn't bad at all. I didn't see a time frame listed on the site, thanks for providing me with that information. Sounds like 2 weeks is the luck number.
  • wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you need it for work, they can give you a temp paper at the SS office, I think. It just tool a week or two for my duplicate.
    Awesome - Thanks Wes!

Yeah it's for employment so I think I may try to get the temp paper license.

Thanks!
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Think they say six weeks, but if I recall, it was about two weeks (15 years ago). Was surprised at the turnaround.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?