Options

taking test in 2 weeks.. need pointers

jacktheripper994465221jacktheripper994465221 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
alright I am currently in an A+ certification course. we have studied hardware since august. and we are taking the test in about 2 weeks.

based on you guys opinion, what should i prepare for most on the test. I know its all "random" but ......

what am i for sure going to see??

What might i see?

what should i just brush up on a little??

Irqs? I/O addresses? CPU Sockets?? any help will be crucial for me thanks.

OH yeah, i am currently reading michael meyers book and i just printed out some "technotes" i found on this site

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If your reading Mike Myers + Technotes you will be fine. You will definitely see some questions on IRQ's. The practice test here is a good indication of what will be on the test, but the best thing to do would be to go to comptia's website and download the exam objectives and see if there is anything you are not sure about.

Good luck on your exam.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Everything TeKniques suggested as well as Printers.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    jacktheripper994465221jacktheripper994465221 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    any more suggestions?? should i read the whole book "test specific" part of the chapter and memorize the technotes?
  • Options
    1Ste1Ste Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ill be taking the core around the same time yoy will be. Im just going over I/Q's, DMA's, I/O's Printer stuff, Startup files and kinda scanning over the chapters.
    Working for Network+, Server+, CCNA, Security+, CCNP, CCIE. MCSE.

Bachelors Degree in computer information Systems.

Wanna help?
  • Options
    jamenglishjamenglish Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey, i just took my A+ exam today, have to say it was quite easy, scored 786. Basically i think the best thing to do is download **** questions, surprised to see how much i got out of them. Mine was mostly networking, cables and cpus. Good luck, mike myers help a whole lot too!!!!
  • Options
    HavocHavoc Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Meyers book is a good study guide.

Read the Question and take your time. When it comes to doing the exam, your first choice is the best, dont second quess yourself

Good Luck icon_wink.gif
    -True skill comes without effort -
  • Options
    jamenglish wrote:
    Hey, i just took my A+ exam today, have to say it was quite easy, scored 786. Basically i think the best thing to do is download xxxxxxxxxx questions, surprised to see how much i got out of them. Mine was mostly networking, cables and cpus. Good luck, mike myers help a whole lot too!!!!

What good is a score like that if you used a **** to get it icon_rolleyes.gificon_mad.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    jamenglishjamenglish Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Excuse u, i've been studying for A+ since August, read two books, a ton of study guides, so i deserved my score, dont come tell me that, yeah the questions help but i still look up the topics to figure out how they got to those answers. Yo that wasnt nice man, i busted my brain for that exam man!!!
  • Options
    Random21Random21 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm doing it in 2 weeks too. icon_mad.gif:)icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    jamenglish wrote:
    Excuse u, i've been studying for A+ since August, read two books, a ton of study guides, so i deserved my score, dont come tell me that, yeah the questions help but i still look up the topics to figure out how they got to those answers. Yo that wasnt nice man, i busted my brain for that exam man!!!

Your post listed a **** site!

Regardless of how much you may have 'studied' you listed it as a resource. There is no way to tell how much that influenced your answers. icon_mad.gif It's on your conscience.
    Plantwiz
    _____