Options

70-680

georgiosgeorgios Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello guys, I've been reading posts about the difficulty of 70-680 which differed from one another. So I'm wondering how much I should prepare for the exam. For example, the MS book talked about scanstate and also suggested go to technet for more info. Do I need to go to technet just for the real exam? Does the real exam test you more than what the book said? I'm using poulton book as well. If I need to go online for deeper digging, I will. But if two or three books are enough, It will be better, isn't it?

Comments

• Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I studied for 3 months while working full-time as a systems administrator and I still found the exam quite difficult. My advice is to take your time while studying and lab everything.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    georgiosgeorgios Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What's the difficulty based on? Does the exam test more than the content of MS book? If so, what's the meaning of recommending this book on their website and publishing a book like this? I tried to answer questions in the book and felt that if you read through the book, those questions are not difficult.
  • Options
    The MS press book isn't comprehensive enough as a sole resource to pass the exam. It simply doesn't cover all of the topics presented on the exam. Strange isn't it, but this is true for virtually all of Microsoft's exams. I recommend picking up the Poulton book, and possibly even the Panek book. Couple the MS book and Poulton book with CBT such as CBTNuggets or TrainSignal, and again, LAB EVERYTHING!
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    VikingWarlordVikingWarlord Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    srabiee wrote: »
    LAB EVERYTHING!

I've seen you say this in multiple threads and it leaves me wondering, is there a specific set of labs you would recommend or are you suggesting just making it up as you go along?
  • Options
    Create a virtual lab with Hyper-V, VirtualBox, or VMware Player. Create all necessary server and desktop VM's (DC's, DHCP, DNS, client VM) that will allow you to perform and practice all tasks. Then read and follow through all steps in the MS press book and Poulton book and actually perform those steps in real time using your virtual lab. I recommend performing the steps at least twice, especially when it comes to things that you haven't done before. (GPO's, promoting DC's, DHCP configuration, DNS configuration, etc). The exams require that you have knowledge in BranchCache and DirectAccess, which were technologies that I had never used before. You will need to lab them and study them in depth.

If you don't understand all domains of the exam in detail, you won't pass the exam.

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam-70-680.aspx