Options

Which A+ test did you find more challenging, Core or OS?

Matt_SmiMatt_Smi Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
I would like this to be a poll but I guess regular users can’t post polls. I also was not sure which A+ forum to put this in, but I figure this forum gets more traffic so it’s better here. Anyway like the title says which test did you find to be more difficult? If someone could turn this into a poll that would be cool.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Options
    ScarletLaceScarletLace Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For me, OS technologies was definitely the harder of the two because
    I didn't have much experience with the technical side of computer, which was one of the main reasons why I decided to study A+.

Initially, I had started out studying computer science which included programming with various languages, database management, software engineering, artificial intelligence, computer communications and networks, etc, type of thing and when I got my degree, I didn't feel complete without knowing about the motherboard and the different computer components, their relationship, how they work, their functions,how to install them, how to troubleshoot, etc, so I did a PC Mechanics course to prepare me for the A+ certification course.

And in preparing for the A+ OS exam, I had to study twice as long for it and much harder than I would for the hardware in order to feel as confident as the hardware. In the end, I was glad that I got a higher score (a little higher) than the hardware.

I'm very happy that I took the course, study and practised it thoroughly and did well on the exams. The experience was a fulfilling one, I learned a lot and I feel much more complete now. Very glad that I found this techexams.net website and I'm very grateful to the Webmaster, Moderator and all the people that posted comments. All of this was very helpful as well as the links to other websites.
  • Options
    1Ste1Ste Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Even though I havent taken it yet, I would have to say the OS portion. Only because: Let me put it this way, For me learning hardware was so easy because you can hold it and handle it, and building computers is pretty easy; So I was aware of alot already.

but for the OS, there will be alot in it I haven't come across.
    Working for Network+, Server+, CCNA, Security+, CCNP, CCIE. MCSE.

Bachelors Degree in computer information Systems.

Wanna help?
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Matt_Smi wrote:
    I would like this to be a poll but I guess regular users can’t post polls. I also was not sure which A+ forum to put this in, but I figure this forum gets more traffic so it’s better here. Anyway like the title says which test did you find to be more difficult? If someone could turn this into a poll that would be cool.

You have your poll, plus one option ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    davidhdavidh Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    core, because thees lots of useless crap you have to memorize, io addresses, irq's, scsi speed standards, blah!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    davidh wrote:
    because thees lots of useless crap you have to memorize......

icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif:

Perhaps you may have chosen the wrong career path? You need it if you desire to understand 'why' things work and so you can be a better technician. Rather than someone who merely recommends "Format: Reinstalls an OS or swaps out hardware thinking it is 'defective' when there is only a conflict that could be resolved.

Just my worthless opinion icon_evil.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    wexcanwexcan Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OS was a lot harder, I did quite a lot of study for it, even took the day of the exam off to cram, and only just scraped it. It's funny - you work as a tech and think you know a lot but it really shows you how much you need to learn.