Good place to sell used tech books?

mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
I have various certification, computer, tech, etc books that I no longer need or want. I would love to be able to sell them. I can put them on EBAY but the problem is that it doesn't usually sell - or sell for more than a few dollars - unless it's a popular book. I haven't had much success selling books on EBAY. Does anyone have any good site(s) that will buy back these books and give a fair money return?
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole

Comments

• spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    spudnik wrote:

Yeah but chances are it won't sell on here.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

Just to clarify... I would love to use a site similar to a college buy back site that buys used text books. You would enter an ISBN or title and it gives you how much they are willing to buy it for.

mobri09 wrote:
    www.barnesandnoble.com
    www.amazon.com

Well of course. But I was hoping for something a little different. Like ebay, books usually don't sell on those unless it's popular.

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    mog27 wrote:
    Yeah but chances are it won't sell on here.

won't sell if you don't list it. You could try until you have sold it ;)
    mog27 wrote:
    Just to clarify... I would love to use a site similar to a college buy back site that buys used text books. You would enter an ISBN or title and it gives you how much they are willing to buy it for.
    mobri09 wrote:
    www.barnesandnoble.com
    www.amazon.com

then MOG27 responded:
    Well of course. But I was hoping for something a little different. Like ebay, books usually don't sell on those unless it's popular.

Then try eb@y. I won't buy anything from there, nor would I sell anything. Have you tried Google? Seems like others have already suggested good places to sell books, yet you seem to have something else in mind.

At least at this site, you have an audience of THOUSANDS who have a similar interest as yourself and may indeed be looking for what you have.
    Otherwise, Amazon would have been my suggestion. icon_confused.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?