Options

dynamic disks access

xznxzn Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dynamic volumes cannot be accessed by MS-DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition (Me) or Windows NT operating systems
I couldn't get old system to get files from my dynamic HDD. But files are still there. Could Unix help me to get files from HDD? And if I choose to convert my Dynamic volume to Basic disck, is there possibiliy with some recovery tool (e.g. EasyRecovery) get back my files?

Comments

• Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    xzn wrote:
    Dynamic volumes cannot be accessed by MS-DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition (Me) or Windows NT operating systems
    And if I choose to convert my Dynamic volume to Basic disck, is there possibiliy with some recovery tool (e.g. EasyRecovery) get back my files?

There is no way you can convert your Dynamic volume to basic. You will have to backup your data, delete the volume and reformat the drive.
  • Options
    xznxzn Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There is no way you can convert your Dynamic volume to basic. You will have to backup your data, delete the volume and reformat the drive.
    And how I can backup files on Dynamic volume? At first, I have to get access to Dynamic Volumes files. How?
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hello,
    do you a new systems in the same machine?
    like your new systems in physical drive0 - and the DDV in drive1?
    you can access it from that scenario if you like..
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.