Options

Another one bites the dust.. Checked off ICND2 this morning.

roch_gregroch_greg Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well it took me 4 months but I finally got my CCNA. Passed ICND2 this morning with a score of 986/1000.

I was going to take the CCNA Sec Cert next, but coincidentally I got a new job as a Network Engineer for the Telecom/ISP in my area. I need to now come up to speed on Juniper and will look at either CCNA SP or SP Ops.
Goals for 2014: Cisco ICND1[X], Cisco ICND2/CCNA R&S[X], Junos, Associate (JNCIA-Junos)[ ]
Ain't Nothing Illegal til You Get Caught --> Tickle from Moonshiners TV Show.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    @networker050184 thanks. I see you've completed the Juniper Track I will probably take. If you don't mind me asking what did you use for labs?

I have heard about Olives, GN3 and all but I'm not too thrilled with those options. I have also investigated JunoSphere but the way that is structured, price/blocks of time, doesn't fit my study habits/work schedule.

Obviously I don't have the coin to drop on a couple of MX's either.
    Goals for 2014: Cisco ICND1[X], Cisco ICND2/CCNA R&S[X], Junos, Associate (JNCIA-Junos)[ ]
  • Options
    I've used a mix of olives and lab gear from work. A lot of people go with SRX devices also. Olives are ok as long as you understand the limitations or you'll be scratching your head over nothing trying to get things working.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    @cyberguypr thanks my friend, I fell like celebrating and taking a some time off from studying, but on the other hand feel compelled to keep the ball rolling.

@networker050184 that's what I mean about the Olives, I don't like wasting time Jerri-rigging stuff. For the current Juniper Tracks I heard the SRX or even the J-Series isn't compatible with the exam. Is this true?
  • Options
    I haven't used the SRX much myself, but I believe you can put them in packet mode and they will do everything besides route reflection. Don't quote me 100% on that. I think there is a thread or two in the Juniper forum here.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great Job!
    Good Luck with your next Certs
  • Options
    tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratz!! That's a great score!

Good luck on your new job. Learn a lot.
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    RedGaiterRedGaiter Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome job! I have to take the ICND2 sometime soon, but it's been on the backburner because I don't get a lot of networking practice at work. What did you use to study for it?
  • Options
    ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! It's a great feeling! I would say keep the ball rolling, use the momentum you got and hunger for the next cert. Get a night of celebratory beers in or what not, and the following morning back to the study cave!
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • Options
    @networker050184
    Thanks for the info. I have a copy of Firefly I can load up on my Vmware box, after I upgrade it to 5.1.
    I'll give that a shot first and see if it's enough to get started on.

@tuleeoh
    Thanks my friend. I hope to learn a lot. For the first time in over 13 years I will
    be working with just Networking Kit and no Server/Desktop Support.

@ninjaturtle
    Yeah I'm probably gonna go right back at it. My new gig is gonna require me to come up to speed real quick on many subjects.

@RedGaiter
    I used the same materials I did for ICND-1
    CCNA Routing and Switching Study Guide: Exams 100-101, 200-101, and 200-120
    Todd Lammle's CCNA/CCENT IOS Commands Survival Guide: Exams 100-101, 200-101, and 200-120, 2 edition

Home Lab
    3 x Cisco 2801 Routers
    3 x Cisco 3750 Switches

Additionally I used Cisco Packet Tracer for when I wanted to setup Lab configs like the study guides that had more equipment that I own. Or when I wanted to do some labbing without setting stuff up.

Anyone I missed thanks as well.