Incd1 @ 960!

MrBigglesworthMrBigglesworth Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
So the typical answers on what was studied.

I took the Netacad course, funny thing is, the real test is MUCH easier than their practice test at the end of the course.
CBT Nuggets a long while back.
Odom's book,
This guys video series on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/ShrikeCast/playlists (watch at 1.5x speed, he is a slow talker.)
Packet Tracer labs from Netacad and the Ranet site Ranet Co., Ltd. - ??????????????? CCNA ?????????.

I have had subnetting down cold for a good long while so I spent very little time on those questions.

Comments

• roch_gregroch_greg Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. When you take a exam and find it easier than your study material that shows how well you studied.
    Goals for 2014: Cisco ICND1[X], Cisco ICND2/CCNA R&S[X], Junos, Associate (JNCIA-Junos)[ ]
    Ain't Nothing Illegal til You Get Caught --> Tickle from Moonshiners TV Show.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • fov001fov001 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats...and thanks for sharing the links!!!
  • HippodromeHippodrome Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job! Do you think the CBT Nuggets were worth the cost or could you have been good with just the ShrikeCast videos?
    -Dana
  • VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
    Congrats on your pass, MrB.

Hippodrome: I used CBT Nuggets for part of my studies, so I would say it was worth it, but I would advise using multiple sources since, they all fill something in that the others may leave out.

I also used INE CCNA course, and Chris Bryant. INE has a free CCNA on their Youtube channel, and Chris Bryant is a great source. And of course building your own labs really forces you to learn.

VinnyCisco
    "Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • richmunozrichmunoz Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Way to go! I just started studying for CCENT. I will definately bookmark that playlist. I have a 2916M-XL Catalyst that I picked up a few months ago but never fired up. I think I will get it going this weekend.
    testies, testies, one, two,,,,,three?

Certs this year: CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#ff0000]X[/COLOR CompTIA Network + COLOR=#ff0000]X[/COLOR
    Studying for: C|EH, CCNA
    I will check out INE also, thank you VinnyCisco.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Hippodrome wrote: »
    Great job! Do you think the CBT Nuggets were worth the cost or could you have been good with just the ShrikeCast videos?
    -Dana

If you look hard enough and in the right places you can find the CBT nuggets for little cost; that's all I'm going to say. *wink*
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Deathmage wrote: »
    If you look hard enough and in the right places you can find the CBT nuggets for little cost; that's all I'm going to say. *wink*

ya the "safest" route is that people post them to youtube.

then again, i have a sub through work.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
    Best to go the safe route, maybe work will help pay for them, thanks guys.
  • PupilPupil Member Posts: 168
    I took the Netacad course, funny thing is, the real test is MUCH easier than their practice test at the end of the course.

Whoa really? I too completed the Netacad course and those final exams were brutal. That's good news then cause I'm going after the CCENT next.
  • MrBigglesworthMrBigglesworth Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oh yeah really. I could not fathom why they stepped up the difficulty so hard compared to the chapter to chapter tests. The questions on the CCENT last week were much more straight foward, all the info you needed was in the question, no wonky network layouts or crazy mathing for an impossible situation.