Options

Backups

What is the best way to perform a backup? I'm not really talking about copying important files directly to a flash drive, DVD-R, etc. How do you guys perform backups? Windows built-in backup, downloadable software, etc.?

Comments

• Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    At work or at home?
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Veeam for virtual environment. It rocks! And Windows default backup scheduling to my NAS. NAS backed up to external hard drives off-site.

Veeam and Symantec at work.
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • Options
    bankintherollbankintheroll Member Posts: 121
    srabiee wrote: »
    At work or at home?

Work. Thanks.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Backup Exec 2012, VMware vSphere Data Protection (VDP), and Avamar
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    At work we are an MSP and re-sell a re-branded version of Ahsay that we call Backup-ez and Server-ez and we also sell Datto. Datto is impressive with the ability to spin up VMs on the device and in the cloud.

I am a big fan of Veeam personally, if your environment would benefit from it that is. We are a Veeam reseller also.