Options

Stanley CC Class August - Oct 2014

Comments

• Options
    ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    I also passed the class. I got the email to schedule my exam with my voucher coupon for the 70% off. When I click on the activate Vmware My Learning account, I receive an error. Is this because Vmware hasn't received our grades yet?
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Open a ticket with VMware, they will push the transcript through quicker. Mine have posted but only because I nudged VMware.

I'm really not sure how some people could be still waiting to do labs, it was over the course of 8 weeks and only 20 labs roughly 3 solid weekends of work. I also work a job that does 60 hour weeks. I'm kind of perplexed by this for some people that took the class.
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Itrimble wrote: »
    When you got your course completion email, was it in Moodle ? Or was it in your personal email address?

I tried to log into Moodle this morning, but the course was shut down. When I tried the access the olly2.vmware class, it was completely down for me yesterday.

Personal email.
  • Options
    I haven't received my voucher yet, but I'm guessing its always a bit hectic for the instructor after each class. I'm guessing it will be sent sometime next week.icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
    CIO wrote: »
    Same here. I've emailed the instructor but no response. Looks like i just wasted almost 200 and 8 weeks.

Just received the following email from my instructor Jeff

Good Morning Everyone,

First, my apologies for the delayed response. The first problem was there was no new news but the bigger issue was that I was on the road much of yesterday and was not able to communicate.

Regarding the current status. The vendor continues to work on the system and is scheduled to return once again in about an hour and a half to replace additional hardware trying to get at the core issue. The main board was repaired yesterday but the system was still unstable so the admin did not want to bring it back online and end up with it crashing once again.

We will be extending your time to complete the labs but I do not want to give you any more dates until we get it back online and the vendor gives us some reasonable guarantee of stability. As soon as I have some more information I will get back with you. Again, my apologies, I know this is as frustrating for you as it is for us at this point.
  • Options
    SixtyCycleSixtyCycle Member Posts: 111
    I emailed Sylvia Lewis yesterday and I was informed that wether Netlabs is fixed or not, the deadline for the school to submit grades to VMware is today, 10/10. For those students that were not able to finish their labs because of the Netlabs outage, the school will determine if considerable lab work were done by the student and if so, will give a passing grade to the student even if the labs were not completed. Based on CIO's post I do hope they just give an extension even if only this weekend.
  • Options
    I emailed the instructor for my course and my class got extended because so many people didn't finish their labs and all that funny business with NetLabs going down. He's not going to send out the vouchers until the course is finished.
  • Options
    Verities wrote: »
    I emailed the instructor for my course and my class got extended because so many people didn't finish their labs and all that funny business with NetLabs going down. He's not going to send out the vouchers until the course is finished.

Did he say up to when? I just checked now and Netlabs is up but the class has ended 10/10 so access is not permitted.
  • Options
    No time frame for my class (instructor: Nicholas).
  • Options
    CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
    Verities wrote: »
    No time frame for my class (instructor: Nicholas).

Same here
  • Options
    Voucher just got sent out today for my class.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yep,

By the way i registered with Vmware at the beginning but have not been able to log into my account.

But i got an e-mail from the instructor. Waiting for things to be fixed
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    By voucher, do you mean the 70% off email ?

I also signed into the VMware account and my transcripts have yet to be posted.

I believe that I read, that they're waiting for the entire class to finish before the VMware gets our info.
  • Options
    By voucher, do you mean the 70% off email ?

I also signed into the VMware account and my transcripts have yet to be posted.

I believe that I read, that they're waiting for the entire class to finish before the VMware gets our info.

Yes, that's called a voucher.
  • Options
    jleydon82jleydon82 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well I e-mailed my professor and he confirmed grades for my group go out today and I did pass. Although some of the material was a bit stale, I was happy that I got very fast responses from anyone I e-mailed at the school.
  • Options
    Scheduled the VCP510 for Oct 30.icon_study.gif
  • Options
    I spoke with the Professor, and he told me that the grades would be released to Vmware the first of next week....
  • Options
    I spoke with the Professor, and he told me that the grades would be released to Vmware the first of next week....

I know you had trouble last week requesting authorization, but try again. The transcript doesn't have to be posted in myLearn to receive authorization to schedule the exam.
  • Options
    I found it. Does completing our class let us schedule the VCP 5.5 as well as the VCP510 ?
  • Options
    Where on the page, do I request Authorization ?

mylearn.vmware.com > login > certifications (right hand side of screen) > VMware Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) > Request authorization > select the version of the exam you want to take (you can request authorization for more than 1 test). The authorization email takes a few hours to get to you despite what they say about it only taking 15 minutes. After you receive the email, you can login to Pearson Vue and schedule your test.
  • Options
    Got it scheduled Veritas. Doing it on the 31st.
  • Options
    I found it. Does completing our class let us schedule the VCP 5.5 as well as the VCP510 ?

Yes. Just request authorization for it. You will end up VCP5-DCV if you pass either test.

Good luck Itrimble!
  • Options
    Doh!! --- the wait continues....

• Options
    I'm not even able to log in on mylearn.vmware.com, neither my e-mail address of password is being accepted and the first thing i did was register with vmware during the class.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    Emailed my prof (J.Davis) today and was informed that they are waiting for parts to fix the NetLabs issue. Once fixed they will give time for the few students to finish their labs. I must say that this is conflicting info from what I was told by Sylvia Lewis and from the info I'm reading here. We'll see what actually happens..

On a different note, does one really need their grades before taking the exam? If I'm not mistaken you can take the exam even w/o going thru a course but they just won't issue you a cert. I was informed by one of the profs that it may take 1 1/2 month before VMware processes the grades from Stanly so it will definitely take some time.
  • Options
    I received a confirmation that had passed the class and even received the voucher code. The problem is am not able to log in at VMware and my email address is also not recognize. Not sure what to do now. Probably will have to sign up for a new class next year I guess. Meh
  • Options
    I've taken all three of the VCA exams so I know the VMware portal works; they just haven't posts the ICM transcripts to VMware yet. I used the same email for the ICM class so it's all uniformed.
  • Options
    Thanks, for the clarification. I guess i will have to wait for them to post the transcripts to VMware. My guess is once that is done i will receive an e-mail from Vmware then? This is my first time dealing with VMware.
  • Options
    xengorethxengoreth Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It sounded like most students are showing completion of their course in mylearn.vmware.com. I, for one, am showing no record of having taken the course and there doesn't seem to be any place to apply the "voucher code" (which I assume is just a discount).

Can anyone tell me if they show this course in their transcripts in mylearn?

Thanks!
    2018 Goals: CCNP R/S, VCP6-NV
  • Options
    xengoreth wrote: »
    It sounded like most students are showing completion of their course in mylearn.vmware.com. I, for one, am showing no record of having taken the course and there doesn't seem to be any place to apply the "voucher code" (which I assume is just a discount).

Can anyone tell me if they show this course in their transcripts in mylearn?

Thanks!

No one has had their transcripts posted on MyLearn, however we are still able to receive authorization to schedule the test, and use the voucher code on the exam. The transcripts most likely going to show up 1st-2nd week of November in MyLearn. If you look at my previous post in this thread, I explain how to accomplish scheduling the test.