Options

Stanley CC Class August - Oct 2014

1235»

Comments

• Options
    SixtyCycleSixtyCycle Member Posts: 111
    The posting of transcripts is the one that takes time. This will take 1 - 2 months from the time Stanly forwards the grades to VMware. This delay is on VMware's part per my conversation with one of the profs.
  • Options
    xengorethxengoreth Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Verities wrote: »
    No one has had their transcripts posted on MyLearn, however we are still able to receive authorization to schedule the test, and use the voucher code on the exam. The transcripts most likely going to show up 1st-2nd week of November in MyLearn. If you look at my previous post in this thread, I explain how to accomplish scheduling the test.

Ah... well, I followed said procedure. However, something must have gone awry during the process. I'm getting the following:
    Error! The test you requested is unavailable.

Course: VCP5-DCV Exam (VCP510)

Explanation: You already have an existing authorization awaiting processing, please try again later.

I don't recall having previously requested authorization to sit for the exam!
    2018 Goals: CCNP R/S, VCP6-NV
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    xengoreth wrote: »
    I don't recall having previously requested authorization to sit for the exam!

I think Itrimble had the same issue. Verify if you actually are authorized:

If there is no authorization there, contact VMware support and open up a ticket with them.
  • Options
    SixtyCycleSixtyCycle Member Posts: 111
    How do I know if I finished a lab correctly? Do I start a new session per lab or can I finish all labs using 1 session only?
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can complete multiple labs in one session, but you should confirm with your instructor.
    SixtyCycle wrote: »
    How do I know if I finished a lab correctly? Do I start a new session per lab or can I finish all labs using 1 session only?
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    You can complete multiple labs in one session, but you should confirm with your instructor.

You can do multiple labs per session. I confirmed this in the class; I personally just did a 4 hour block and banged out 4 labs in the same time frame and they counted in the proceeding labs since the labs just build upon each other or were you left off in the previous lab.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    dlaker82dlaker82 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So i just logged back in the labs and see that all my previous labs were not saved from the last time before the outage? Does this mean i have to start all over? I only needed about 8 labs to go.
  • Options
    GAB1900GAB1900 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Verities wrote: »
    Thanks for the info! Also, make sure you download all the PDFs so you can repeat the labs in the future on your own virtual lab.
    Verities,
    How many servers do you need at home to repeat the labs for extra practice? I just got three Dell servers and a box with FreeNAS for iSCSI. Just wondering if this will be enough to do the labs more than once.
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    2 servers that can be used as esxi hosts. I think we worked with 3 VMs. You create 1, make it into a template, then create from template for the other two.