Options

Question about VLSM on exam day

NetEsoonNetEsoon Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was wondering if there is a specific order I should assign the networks when working the VLSM questions... I mean, should we start the assignment to the LAN networks with most of the hosts or should we start with the serial interfaces that only need two addresses?

Comments

• Options
    cpartincpartin Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If it matters it should be specified. Just make sure to read the questions very carefully and you'll be fine.
  • Options
    VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
    Best practice is to start with largest group of hosts and work your way down to your point-to-point networks. That is how I did it on the tests and on my labs.
    "Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.
  • Options
    merc.man87merc.man87 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree with Vinny on this one, Plus it is touted as a beast practice in Todd Lammle's book which I am currently going over.
  • Options
    NetEsoonNetEsoon Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, Yes I do agree that we should start with the largest group of hosts first!
  • Options
    MrBigglesworthMrBigglesworth Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Always start with your largest group for simplicity. Define your network number, then go to the next, and so on.
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Agree with Vinny-and another thing, recall that when you go into a different block size, you dont' start at the end of your previous block. it has to be a multiple from 0

Does that make sense?
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University