Options

Icnd2 - passed!!!!!

Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Everybody,
I just got home from passing the ICND2 exam 854/1000. I studied for it about 7 months after failing the prior ICND2 exam twice. This feels amazing. It has been so much work. I prepared using Odom and my lab. I crushed the switching questions (91%), and I give credit to having 4x2950s. Those switches taught me lessons that the book never could.

I want to thank many people on this forum for answering all my various questions over the months.

See you in the CCNP forum!!!

Comments

• Options
    VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
    Congrats!
    "Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!

Was this version of the ICND2 easier than the previous one?
    How did the four switches teach you the lessons that the book never could? I'm thinking about buying two switches.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    CleverclogsCleverclogs Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, I'm in full agreement about buying the kit. I'm studying and having the kit is a definite help.
  • Options
    Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!

Was this version of the ICND2 easier than the previous one?
    How did the four switches teach you the lessons that the book never could? I'm thinking about buying two switches.

I wouldn't call easier but it is different, example: it does not have access lists and vtp, but it does have FHRP, ROAS, SNMP, and more.

The 4 switches brought the material to life. I got mine for $25 each and the hands on experience drove home the lessons much harder than reading. Don't get me wrong, Odom is awesome.

EDIT:: I would like to add that I did watch Keith Barkers CCNA playlist on Youtube and the CBTnuggets free trial.
  • Options
    Adam BAdam B Member Posts: 108 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass buddy!
    2015 Goals: CCNP SWITCH [] SEC+ [ ] CCNP ROUTE [ ] CCNP TSHOOT [ ]