Options

Passed CSPFA

PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
Hey Everyone, I passed the CSPFA (PIX firewall) test with a 940 this morning. Kind of worried about it, but everything worked out :D

If anyone is taking the exam, know multicasting, AAA, PIX MC, AUS, FWSM, and everything else icon_wink.gif

I would post more of a review, but it is getting retired...

Merry Christmas to all, and a happy new year, full of passed tests.

Peter
There's no place like ^$
Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats with the pass and the great score!
    I would post more of a review, but it is getting retired...
    Yeah, but the new 642-522 SNPA exam will cover many of the same topics and will probably 'feel' similar.
    If anyone is taking the exam, know multicasting, AAA, PIX MC, AUS, FWSM, and everything else ;)
    The amount of acrononyms and abreviations in IT doesn't really suprise me any more but the CCSP material makes a darn good effort.

Did you have access to a PIX?
  • Options
    Thanks, Webmaster.
    The amount of acrononyms and abreviations in IT doesn't really suprise me any more but the CCSP material makes a darn good effort.

Amen.

I manage about a dozen small PIX firewalls, (501, 506e) so I had hands on with them, one out of service (replaced) 501 and also the PIX lab on Cisco Certifications community.

Peter
    There's no place like ^$
  • Options
    also the PIX lab on Cisco Certifications community.
    I hope they'll add one for the ASA too.

Did you encounter any limitations with using a 501 for this exam? I'm thinking of getting a 501 from ebay, not sure yet if it's worth it for the new exam, but I need to get some hands on before even considering the exam.
  • Options
    A 501 will do most of the tjhings you need for the CSPFA exam. The ASA exam will probably focus more on V7 of the PIX OS, which does not run on the 501 or 506e. You might also look at CCIE lab rentals. Many have a PIX, and some have CSACS, or another Access control server. That is what I plan to do for the VPN and IDS/IPS tests.

Peter
    There's no place like ^$
  • Options
    I noticed they do have some relevant stuff for the ASA 5500 series:
    www.cisco.com/web/learning/le31/le29/configuring_asa_pix_security_appliances.html

The QLMs aren't that extensive but the page above has a good link dir for the ASA 5500 series too. I jsut pre-ordered the CiscoPress guide for the SNPA exam. I could afford a PIX 501, but anything else here is just too expensive, so I'll have a look at the available online rack rental services as well. Thanks Peter.