Options

Failed with a 406!! hehe

FouveFouve Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I bought a book for 70-293 thinking the class that I was taking next semester was for that test, but my testing center called and said that the class covered the 70-291 exam. So I got the book refunded for the 293 and had nothing to study for the 291. I didn't even think of the notes here. So I took the exam for the $60 pricetag with the free re-take and got a 406! Woot! Looks like studying really does pay off. Well, it's a tough test and it had a lot to do with DNS. So really study up on it, also it had 3 sims...I'm scheduled for a retake next Friday so hopefully I'll have the info before I take the test this time. Heh.

Comments

• Options
    pretaanluxispretaanluxis Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I feel your pain...I just failed today for the second time. I got 677 both times icon_sad.gif

I got 3 questions on Demand Dial Routing and I couldn't remember anything about it. icon_redface.gif
    Not to mention all the cmds you need to know like route add, netdiag, mbsacli, nslookup, wmic, ipconfig /registerdns and flush, replmon, dnscmd, netcap, netsh, etc.
  • Options
    Hmmm, that's really weird cause I failed again with the exact same score of 406 on my free re-take....weird
  • Options
    jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    must be a pretty involved test....just look at your printout and study up on what your weak areas are
    get back to studying!!!
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    jkstech wrote:
    must be a pretty involved test....just look at your printout and study up on what your weak areas are
    With a score of 406, me thinks everything ???
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    vexvex Member Posts: 113
    Trailerisf wrote:
    jkstech wrote:
    With a score of 406, me thinks everything ???

ditto
    Ancient Certs:
    Exam 70-064: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows® 95
    Exam 70-067: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
  • Options
    possibly icon_wink.gif , mabey he was strong in one or two areas and weak in the rest

anyhow, this MS tests are not easy
    get back to studying!!!
  • Options
    antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    I failed this test the 1st time and had a free retake. But, I was not emotional ready for it the 2nd time. Therefore, I lost my free retake. I will take this exam in the near future.
    Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    jkstech wrote:
    possibly icon_wink.gif , mabey he was strong in one or two areas and weak in the rest

anyhow, this MS tests are not easy
    Well, not to sound harsh. With a 406 I am assuming he got his name right.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    haha, yeah. I was 100% in the Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining IP Addressing both times...Must come from Cisco training. I'm taking the exam tomorrow after going through the Testout software and re-reading the MS Press book. I still don't feel confident enough to pass this time, but I'm going to retry it. Out of all the tests I've taken, this is the first one that I've failed on...including the CCNA test so I must be doing something wrong...I dunno. Anywho, I'll keep ya updated on how it progresses.
  • Options
    jim_staszjim_stasz Member Posts: 123
    Fouve wrote:
    Hmmm, that's really weird cause I failed again with the exact same score of 406 on my free re-take....weird

free re-take? There are free re-takes?
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    M$ had free retakes for students and teachers that ended on the 31st.
  • Options
    antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    jim_stasz wrote:
    Fouve wrote:

free re-take? There are free re-takes?

Yep, there back!!!

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndchance/default.asp
    Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III
  • Options
    Finally passed today with a 733! It took 4 tries, but I finally downed "the beast"
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    witty comment
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude.........you got the beast.......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looking at your list of certs.....it appears as if you have fulfilled the requirements to be a MCSA.

Congratulations!
  • Options
    nice
    get back to studying!!!