Options

Pre test jitters

10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
Take CCNA ICND2 tomorrow at 2pm and am worried! Went over everything on the test objectives and feel good. Few small things that trip me up like reasons to use Netflow and sometimes the LSA types. Just feel there is so much to remember that some of the small fact memorization will fall through the cracks! Well anyways guys, update tomorrow!
CCNP R&S, Security+
B.S. Geography - Business Minor
MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
Professional Certificate - IT Project Management

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck! Don't stress about it. As long as you have studied the objectives you will be good to go. No one remembers every tiny detail.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    Just review what you can in your last day, but make sure you get adequate sleep as well. Even if you fail, you can retake it and it isn't a big deal.

I'm never really affected by nervousness or jitters once I actually start the test. At that point, there is nothing I can do other than try my best on the test.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good Luck on the test!
    It's normal to feel nervous just don't let it stress you out.
  • Options
    ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You're nervous right up to the first question, then it's go time and you just forget about it and go to it. Good luck!!
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • Options
    VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
    Good luck. Don't stress it. You will do fine. Nobody remembers everything.
    "Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.
  • Options
    Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can always take it again.
  • Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    VinnyCisco wrote: »
    Good luck. Don't stress it. You will do fine. Nobody remembers everything.

Except for Narbik Kocharians icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    lrb wrote: »
    Except for Narbik Kocharians icon_lol.gif

And maybe Einstein... lol.

Just to note: I did score a 1000 on the ICND 2 and only 10 minutes left to spare. That counts for something right? icon_study.gif
  • Options
    Wahoo! Yay! Passed! icon_cheers.gif Thanks for all the support guys. Looking through the forums for questions people have asked, posting some of my own; and the practice tests were all a help.

-Much appreciated!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
  • Options
    Wahoo! Yay! Passed! icon_cheers.gif Thanks for all the support guys. Looking through the forums for questions people have asked, posting some of my own; and the practice tests were all a help.

-Much appreciated!

DUDE! CONGRATS! I kept checking back to see an update from you. Glad to see it worked out.
  • Options
    Thanks man, I appreciate it! You got a perfect score on it, thats impressive. I got 97% and 96% in Switching and IP technologies, respectively. The other 3 categories, mid 80%'s. Going to re-read IP services chapter, need work on that.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice!! Way to go! I'm taking my CCENT on Oct 31st. I'm studying for it now and hope I pass.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome job man!
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    sort of related, since this is my pre-test jitters. Are you allowed a calculator?

if not what are numbers to remember? - I'm thinking the 2 to the second power is helpful.

So those would be : 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512 1024 - will I need to know more than 2 to the 10th power?

Or would I need a different set of numbers?

IE [N + S = 1st /P] | [32 - H = last /P]

anything else anyone could point out; maybe ports?
  • Options
    No man, all I got was a few pens that write on a small sheet of laminated erasable paper. During the tutorial and when you read the agreements you may find some time to write the block sizes and do the 128,64,32,16,8,4,2,1 then some randoms like /27 so thats 3 past /24. Count down with your list, 128,16,32 so its a block of 32 :) and wildcards are one less then the block! Maby write some ports down too or other random stuff you read in the car and is in your RAM lol.

For your powers of 2, know 4096, 8192, 16384 if you know the big ones the smaller ones are way easier to get on the fly.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Thanks! - I'll just do subnetting practice till my eyes bleed so i can basically get the number so far into my brain it's common knowledge.
  • Options
    MrPuzzlezMrPuzzlez Member Posts: 89 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm somewhat antsy for my ICND1 exam that I am going to take in a few hours. The wait is KILLING me!! I've been studying and labbing, plus I got my 8 hours rest. Breathing helps...