Options

CCNA Composite Study

RonozoroRonozoro Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I want to get a CCNA certification, but I am very confused about the material which i will study them.

My list containing:

1-Explorations V5 (Introduction to Networks-Routing and Switching-Scaling Networks-Connecting Networks).
2-Bridging material .
3-CBT Nuggets Videos.
4-VCE CCNA exam.

Are these enough??

Comments

• Options
    VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
    I recently posted my experience in the CCNA Study Group thread. It pretty much sums up my experience, what I used and how I used it to get CCNA certified. It may or may not help you to answer your specific question, because at the end of the day, it all comes down to the individuals method of study. Please check it out.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/96366-ccna-study-group-18.html#post863324
    "Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.
  • Options
    Gratz and ty

but i'm really confused i need answer to my question
  • Options
    Ronozoro wrote: »
    Gratz and ty

but i'm really confused i need answer to my question

Well, based on what you have listed, I would say that is a good start. But you should add:

1- A CCNA study guide from either Lammle or Odem.
    2- INE's Free CCNA Course on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA0AF9A1586D50544
    3- Real equipment if you can. Otherwise a good solid simulator like Boson CCNA Sim. You really need hands on learning.

Passing the test is one thing. Learning and really understanding means going the extra mile and watching multiple sources, research, and learning from the CCIE's in this forum.
  • Options
    VinnyCisco wrote: »
    2- INE's Free CCNA Course on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA0AF9A1586D50544
    it's 642-802 the old CCNA ? still work ?
  • Options
    Ronozoro wrote: »
    it's 642-802 the old CCNA ? still work ?

Yes. Absolutely. All that information is the same relevant knowledge you need. I would watch those videos after watching CBT Nuggets to fill in all the gaps and get a better understanding. The INE videos really go in depth. Very technical. And he also goes through stuff you won't see in study guides and CBT Nuggets such as looking up info in Cisco's Knowledge Base website, and Tech Research.

These videos should be part of your learning for sure.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The one thing I like to point out is that there is almost to much information out there. It is easy to spend so much time collecting resources that you never actually use them.

My suggestion is to just get started.
  • Options
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    The one thing I like to point out is that there is almost to much information out there. It is easy to spend so much time collecting resources that you never actually use them.

My suggestion is to just get started.

I really want to start but with what ? the Explorations ? Todd lammel's book ? cbt videos ?

I just want to make choise Explorations or Todd lammel's book ?
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd suggest you get Odom's books and start there.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    I'd suggest you get Odom's books and start there.

i have it :D

so i will

My new list containing:
    1- A CCNA study guide Odom's books.
    2-Explorations V5 (Introduction to Networks-Routing and Switching-Scaling Networks-Connecting Networks).
    3-CBT Nuggets Videos.
    4- INE's Free CCNA Course on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...AF9A1586D50544
    5-VCE CCNA exam.

enough ? :D
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    add techexams.net to the list :)

You have plenty. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    add techexams.net to the list :)

You have plenty. Good Luck!

Helpful :) ty
  • Options
    Kenneth196Kenneth196 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also with Wendell Odom's book (just from what I read - I have his CCNA book but only read halfway through it before I did my CCNA boot camp thingy), you'll want to do a bit of research and see if there are any errors in the book prior to reading (you can just read some Amazon reviews).
    "Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks." - Unknown
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd go ahead and forget about 2-5 until you finish the Odom books and feel you have a good grasp on everything within. The CBTNuggets are a good companion though. Just don't over think it and try to use too many resources at once.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Kenneth196 wrote: »
    Also with Wendell Odom's book (just from what I read - I have his CCNA book but only read halfway through it before I did my CCNA boot camp thingy), you'll want to do a bit of research and see if there are any errors in the book prior to reading (you can just read some Amazon reviews).

ty :):)

I'd go ahead and forget about 2-5 until you finish the Odom books and feel you have a good grasp on everything within. The CBTNuggets are a good companion though. Just don't over think it and try to use too many resources at once.

ty :):) i will listen to your advice and i will start with Odom's book till i finish it ISA :D i have only 2 months to prepare i should take my exam next 15th September icon_sad.gif

wish me good luck!! :D
  • Options
    silent12illsilent12ill Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck man and dont forget to update how you did
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    try not to use the vce exams
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    Good luck man and dont forget to update how you did

I will :):)
    try not to use the vce exams

Why?!!
  • Options
    esr0159esr0159 Member Posts: 80 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd recommend Todd Lamle's book + CBT Nuggets
    plus a lot of patience and remember to understand the concepts.

Packet Tracer or GNS3 if you'll be practicing some configurations.
    CCNP R&S | Planning to hit IE R&S or JNCIA or Security path|
  • Options
    esr0159 wrote: »
    I'd recommend Todd Lamle's book + CBT Nuggets
    plus a lot of patience and remember to understand the concepts.

Packet Tracer or GNS3 if you'll be practicing some configurations.

i start reading Wendell Odom's book and it's great book till now i will take a look at Todd's book after finishing Odom's book and i will use CBT and Udemy videos

wish me plz good luck!!