Options

New Job at Cisco with Net+

10jwood10jwood Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey everyone I wanted to express my excitement of a job offer i have with Cisco Systems. It is a move add change support job. From the job description there is a lot of call manager duties and VOIP related duties. Im very excited. Im new to IT i have 4 months at an isp help desk and net+. My plan is 6 figures in 5 years. Being new im open to any advice! I should also mention Im enrolling at WGU IT SEC this fall. Wish me luck!

Comments

• Options
    TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on the job.
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats and continued success.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!

My advice is keep doing what you are doing. You are certainly on the right track getting your foot in the door with Cisco. Nice on the resume if nothing else. Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats on the new job :)
  • Options
    praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and nicely done.
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Congrats, welcome to the Cisco family! Definitely go for your degree, education is highly regarded at Cisco. PM me if you have any questions :)
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's awesome news I thought these huge companies like Cisco were bias, anyway congratulations on landing a job and all the best wishes going forward!!icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Thanks zrockstar. I appreciate the regard

And to everyone else thank you!!! Wooo! CCNA is my next step and hope to progress that way.
  • Options
    pevangelpevangel Member Posts: 342
    Congrats on the new job! That's pretty cool getting a job at Cisco early in your career. Do you get to take Cisco exams for free?
  • Options
    BAO321BAO321 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    10jwood wrote: »
    Hey everyone I wanted to express my excitement of a job offer i have with Cisco Systems. It is a move add change support job. From the job description there is a lot of call manager duties and VOIP related duties. Im very excited. Im new to IT i have 4 months at an isp help desk and net+. My plan is 6 figures in 5 years. Being new im open to any advice! I should also mention Im enrolling at WGU IT SEC this fall. Wish me luck!

Congrats dude, how'd you get it?
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Talk about a leap in the right direction!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm Jelly! Congrats.. Good luck.. seize it, and max it.. !!icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    pevangel wrote: »
    Congrats on the new job! That's pretty cool getting a job at Cisco early in your career. Do you get to take Cisco exams for free?

Thanks pevangel. I am definitely very lucky to get this job so early in my career. Although the benefits for working at Cisco are great, I think I still have to pay for my Cisco exams. I haven't heard of the company paying for my certification. But if I find out otherwise, I'll let you know.