Options

TechEd gone. New mega conference Unified Microsoft Commercial Technology

cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
It seems they killes TechEd and all other targeted conferences in favor on one mega conference. Coming to my neck of the woods in 2015:

Microsoft Blends 5 Conferences To Create The “Unified Microsoft Commercial Technology Event” | TechCrunch
This morning, the software company announced that it will end several of its standalone conferences, including its confabs for SharePoint, Lync, Project, and Exchange, along with its TechEd event. The five events will be replaced, and I promise that I am not making this up, the “inaugural unified Microsoft commercial technology event.”

The gist is that Microsoft is bringing its wider enterprise-facing events together, which is worth noting. The event will take place in May of 2015, in Chicago.

Comments

• Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Really? Because they just announced the dates for TechEd yesterday....

EDIT: The dates and location match up with what were projected in your article for this 'new' conference.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    Now they are saying:

"To be clear, TechEd lives on. This event will be a part of and an enhancement of TechEd, co locating with that event to ensure the world of IT gets optimal access to all of the best resources in one place."

I don't know. Sounds messy to me.
  • Options
    Looks like there may have been something to this after all ...

[h=1]Microsoft weighs new names for its TechEd conference successor[/h]
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    I agree with the first comment there. Just call it TechEd. Well, Maybe TechEd* and define the asterisk at the bottom of all marketing material as "*along with all other conferences that we axed".
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I agree with the first comment there. Just call it TechEd. Well, Maybe TechEd* and define the asterisk at the bottom of all marketing material as "*along with all other conferences that we axed".

Yeah, I am partial to the TechEd name as well.
    WGU MSISA