WGU-IT-security sep 1

2»

Comments

• Options
    slatkinslatkin Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your progress. FYI the yellow in your sig is impossible to read
  • Options
    j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Inspiring thread here. I've started the application process at WGU for the BS: Security track. I have a bunch of certs and an AS degree, so I hope that I have no more than 2 terms of work left to complete the degree.

My question is whether I will still have to do the basic IT classes. I would hope my current certs would take care of the CIW classes... they sound like a complete waste of time and energy.

I hope to start in January, and I plan on tearing through everything as fast as I can go. I'll probably start studying for Linux+ now as I see that as the most challenging of the IT courses that I would have left.
  • Options
    2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh man with all that you probably can finish in one term! Yeah man I can't wait for that as well!! You'll enjoy Wgu man its waaay better than regular university
  • Options
    Cisc0kiddCisc0kidd Member Posts: 250
    You'll likely have a couple of the basic classes to punch out. It's no big deal.
  • Options
    C393 coming along well. i have been in the IT field since 06 (professionally) so 801 is easy. i have been getting 96 to 98% on labsim (certificate mode) so hopefully ill schedule the exam for this weekend god willing!
  • Options
    nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    great progress! I just graduated from wgu - it security, keep your head down and try to get rid of those gen ed classes (CDC1 I thought was one of the worst classes) I felt it was a great program and I am going for my masters now since I have 4 months left in my term I'll get a head start.
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
  • Options
    so i didnt have time to really study. i started studying for this i think last monday and took the test on saturday. as i said i didnt really study for it. i took the pre assessment for wgu and i got like 94% and i immediately requested the voucher. and on saturday i went to take the exam and i was some what nervous,... anyways i ended up passing with a mid 700s. im planning on taking 802 next saturday. 3 classes down! i have one more class (802) then im done with the recommended classes for the semester by wgu. so i will start on ciw classes after the 802.

PS: im not fan of hardware!
  • Options
    so i passed 802 today and 801 last week. i had a lot of simulations and i was happy but i took my time with them and i mean i took waay too much on them so i only had like 20 minutes for the rest. so i had to rush it. i didnt pass with the score that i wanted but hey a pass is a pass!
  • Options
    completed EUP1 EUC1 CUV1
  • Options
    nachodbanachodba Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You're making great progress. I can't wait to finally start in a few months.
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
  • Options
    thanks man..im thinking about doing the database and linux classes next week. but i want to take net+ but for some reason Net+ is scaring me..dont know why.
  • Options
    50 credits down 72 to go! i should b done with database=lin1 and lin 2 and win os soon! within the next couple weeks
  • Options
  • Options
    so i finished C220. C221 and DHV1. so done with 10 classes and i have 14 classes left or 59 credits i think. i should be able to finish net+ and sec+ and finite math soon.
  • Options
    @22306. How have you been progressing since your last post? I have been following your thread and am going to be starting the program myself on Feb 1st. I was able to transfer in 75 credits from previous college work and certs. I'm hoping to knock these classes out at a rapid pace.
  • Options
    hey sorry for the late update... i kind of gotten lazy..i could have finished 3 more classes but i took it easy. anyways first semester will end feb 28th and so far i finished the following classes..about 44 credits.

WFV1 CLC1 C393 C394 CUV1 CJV1 C220 C221 C277 TPV1 DHV1 EUP1 EUC1
  • Options
    Wow, 44 credits in one semester is fantastic. I finally started this month and just knocked out my first class BNC1 this past week. I got off to a slow start and didn't do much in my first week. For me its all about gaining some momentum, I think I can probably knock out the non-tech courses in 2-3 weeks. I'll be starting the linux+ course ware in March, I'm guessing that one will take significantly more time to complete.

@22306 I appreciate the update. Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    update

so i finished BNC1 MGC1 the first couple days. now im working on Net+ and the lit classes so i have about 10 classes left
  • Options
    i havent updated this since last year! but i got very lazy..well i was burned out and couldnt finish classes..but i just passed my final assessment just right now! so i am officially done with the BS. i could have completed it in 2 semesters if i did everything right and didnt get lazy! one tip is work with your mentor. follow directions and study.