Options

Questions regarding Masters program at WGU

So I'll be finishing up my degree in Information Technology (no specific emphasis) at WGU in the next couple of months. I'm trying to decide on which Masters program to go with. My question is:

Has anyone here finished the general IT program at WGU and then went on to either one of these Masters programs?

If so, what was your experience? I've scanned through both programs of study and they both look to have a lot of performance objectives which I'm assuming means a lot of writing via taskstream.

Can anyone share their experience with either program?

Comments

• Options
    aspiringsoulaspiringsoul Member Posts: 314
    +1

I'm about to start the MS:ISA program in September.
    Education: MS-Information Security and Assurance from Western Governors University, BS-Business Information Systems from Indiana Wesleyan University, AAS-Computer Network Systems - ITT Tech,
  • Options
    nathandrakenathandrake Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I originally enrolled in the Network Management MS program. I changed to the Info Security and Assurance after one term. The Network Management just wasn't very technical and I found myself bored with the program. I'm glad I changed to the Security programs. I didn't learn anything in the Network track. I've learned a lot in the Security program. I guess it really depends on your career goals. If you see yourself wanting to work in some kind of management position, then the Network one may be for you.
  • Options
    taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
    @nathandrake - Actually I was expecting to hear the exact opposite. I was worried that the Info Security program would be nothing but writing up policies and nothing technical but this is encouraging. Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes, the MS: NM degree is almost 100% paper writing.

There's also a 3rd option: MBA: IT Management
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)