Options

Greenwood Village Colorado

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I am going through an interview process with a company located in this township in Colorado.

I plan on doing some research now, I was hoping someone could offer some opinions. I've been to Colorado before, but never the Denver area. Colorado Springs, Greeley and Ft Collins.

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Denver Metro Area...I live south of Greenwood Village, in Highlands Ranch. What would you like to know?
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    So does this mean you aren't accepting the other job offer from the other thread?
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Have you ever looked into doing contract type work? You seem to do a lot of moving around. If you were to work as a contractor at 6-12 month stints, you can leave and bridges wouldn't be really burned and you could get a range of roles to find what suits you.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    @ Stryder - Just some high level information about the area. Schools, environment, things to do, housing. Any information you would like to provide.

@ IRIS I am accepting the best position available for me. If one of these come through I will not be accepting the position

@ shodown this is a contract position 12 month to be exact with the potential of extension. In other words I am in agreement with you.
  • Options
    Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    It's a nice area, considered the tech hub of Denver. Not my cup of tea, but offers a lot of options. You could live in Denver proper and have a medium commute, or west closer to the mountains. It depends what you are looking for.
  • Options
    As Rocket Impossible says, nice area. The commute to more affordable areas to live can take between 30 minutes and an hour. Where I live, in Highlands Ranch, I pay just south of $2k/month for a four bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2 car house. The area is moderately expensive but job opportunities abound (usually).
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

• Options
    Sounds like a nice place to live. Currently I am paying 1,600 a month rent so it does sound like an increase, however I got a steal on this place more of the places around here go for around 2,200 - 2,800 a month.

If this happens I'll be moving out there by myself for a few months, having to score a short termed one bedroom pad to layover. It may or may not happen, but I wanted to get some feelers out there.

Thanks again for the head sup. I should be hearing back soon about this position.

Kind regards
    N2
  • Options
    You can find a decent enough one bedroom for about $7-800/month.

• Options
    PurpleITPurpleIT Member Posts: 327
    stryder144 wrote: »
    You can find a decent enough one bedroom for about $7-800/month.

From everything I understand, housing is pretty tight in Denver right now.
    WGU - BS IT: ND&M | Start Date: 12/1/12, End Date 5/7/2013
    What next, what next...
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Do not live north of downtown if you plan on working in GV. Littleton, Denver, GV, Highlands Ranch are all easy commute options. Anything south of Wash Park but the closer you get to downtown the more you will pay and the harder the commute due to traffic.
  • Options
    Mr. MeeseeksMr. Meeseeks Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use this site to compare cities, COL, climate, schools, etc.: Cost of Living Comparison
  • Options
    Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    PurpleIT wrote: »
    From everything I understand, housing is pretty tight in Denver right now.

Agreed.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    Do not live north of downtown if you plan on working in GV. Littleton, Denver, GV, Highlands Ranch are all easy commute options. Anything south of Wash Park but the closer you get to downtown the more you will pay and the harder the commute due to traffic.

I agree with that. Thornton isn't a bad place to live but the traffic that you'd have to deal with is insane.
  • Options
    TechGuru80 wrote: »

Agreed. I've seen quite a few places in the Denver area for $7-800 but you have to jump on them immediately...to say the least, the market is tight and competition for the least expensive places is insane. If you are willing to go to about $1000-1100 per you'll get a much better place.

• Options
    markulous wrote: »
    I agree with that. Thornton isn't a bad place to live but the traffic that you'd have to deal with is insane.

I live in Highlands Ranch and work out of Broomfield...I'm dang glad that I leave home right before the main body of commuters climbs out of their holes (5am). When I go home, though, I start transforming into Samir Nagheenanajar, from Office Space, during the opening sequence. 470 slows to a stop and I swear the other drivers must have received an SMS message letting them know that I'm behind them and that they need to randomly slow to a crawl!

• Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2